Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Simple as that,where do you spend the most your gaming time?
Console (XBOX 360) 3 5.45%
console (PLaysttation 3) 2 3.64%
PC 50 90.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I been a PC Gamer since Warcraft Orcs and Humans. I did play some console as a child but I stopped reguarly gaming on consoles after Playstation 1.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:26 PM
MVP

My System Specs

While I definitely do the majority of my gaming on PC, I am also an avid console gamer. Considering I currently have a 360, PS3, Wii, PS2, and Dreamcast all hooked up (with emulators for N64 and below on the PS3 and Wii), my body is ready in the event nostalgia hits.
Old March 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have the 360 and the Wii, but mainly my kids play those. I just use my PC for gaming.
Old March 20, 2012, 01:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

PC ->NES -> PC/PS1 ->PS2 ->PC ->360/PS3/PC

My dad refused to buy me a console as a kid, so I never had a NES until my older brother traded the sprocket (pricey one at that) off his BMX sometime in '92, when the NES was already on the downturn, but games were still being produced for it (just not as many).

Anyways my first gaming experience that I can remember was probably from the Commodore 64. After that we did have a PC (486SX 25 mhz!!!) though, and I spent so many hours gaming on that thing as a kid, it's not even funny.

There were a lot of games over the years that my computer just couldn't handle (I think the cut off was a 486 33mhz processor haha).

Skipped Pentium 1 and went from 25mhz to a Pentium II 400mhz with MMX technology lol. That was a huge leap in tech. Oh Dos 6.22 and your almost error free ways...to Win98.

Never had SNES (again parents refused to buy, I couldn't justify spending the money on it). I did "inherit" a PS1 though from my cousin because his mother made him get rid of it (I still had to pay for it though.)

Bought a PS2 (played that pretty hard), 360 which by the 3rd time I had to replace it I said enough, and a PS3 which sort of just sits there nowadays since I play mainly on my PC.
Old March 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

More PC than console but with that said I do own a PS2, PS3, Xbox, Atari 2600, and a Dreamcast
Old March 20, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I only used a ps3 for metal gear and killzone games. PC is more interesting.
Old March 20, 2012, 02:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have a PS3, but the only games it ever gets used for are multiplayer party games like rock band and playing Blurays. I did play Gran Turismo 5 a bit but there just are not that many console exclusives that are worth it. Cross Platform, the PC is always best...even when the controls were obviously console designed.
Old March 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

The only console I own is a n64, still have it somewhere in a closet.

I am about as much of a PC purist as you can get, never really liked using a controller. Yes I miss out on all the exclusives but honestly the only ones I miss are grand turismo and forza. nd with the 360s wheel support I can say I'm too unhappy about missing out on forza.

I think I'm one of the very few people cheering for the death of consoles that's being talked about in the mia right now. Consoles are severely holding back the PC gaming industry right now. Mass effect 3 is a prime example, the game chugs on a ps3 yet it barely warms up my pc., and that's with low Res armors.

I also share the impression that console games have lead to a simplification/dumbing down of games. Again me3 one button does everything. And I don't know why. Remapping is gods and all but your still stuck with one button doing everything.

Honestly I'm all for consoles though, once the PC retake its rightful place as the lead development platform again.
Old March 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like alot of the older member did the whole console thing years ago, my last was the ps1, Obviously now I game on PC's but for the simple rule of most of the games I tend to play end up modded. Plus like others I cant stand a controller for fps titles, action/racing it is fine, hell I use a 360 controller for some titles on the PC but not all of them. So for me it boils down to the controller and modding, I could live with sub graphics but no modding, nope thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I started to game on an Apple II 64. It was a game in DOS named Karaté or something like this, probably one of the first game designed in colors. I went more serious in games with a Super NES. I really enjoyed playing Super Metroid but shortly after that, I discovered Diablo and Half Life for the PC I owned at that moment, a Pentium II 400mhz. I never stopped upgrading since... 100% PC for myself!