Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Simple as that,where do you spend the most your gaming time?
Console (XBOX 360) 3 5.45%
console (PLaysttation 3) 2 3.64%
PC 50 90.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2012, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's the Wii for Mii whenever friends are over. End of story.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 20, 2012, 07:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My XBOX360 only has Kinect games for casual gaming, while any longer gaming sessions I do on my PC. It's generally because of my friends who mainly game on the PC + I need a decent PC for my school work (not optimized computer vision and computational intelligence) so my PC is at the moment many times more powerful than a console.

I say "meh" to exclusive titles, although I have played Halo 3 with some acquaintances before and enjoyed it. When you can go to any computer game store online and see hundreds of games, there's always choice. It's the same with overly-DRM'd games (which some used to use as an excuse to go to consoles) - for now there's still plenty of alternatives that can allow you to vote with your wallet and choose games from a publisher which isn't ruled by ex-RIAA people .
Old March 20, 2012, 08:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Last console I played was PSP, exclusively PC since halo was popular.
Old March 20, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If I could play my Steam games on my PS3 I'd never turn my PC on. My PS3 gets heavy use by the whole family. My PC gets used to pay bills/shop and a few games that could easily run on console hardware.
Old March 20, 2012, 09:05 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I bought an xbox and ps3 off this forum. I liked playing the fable series on xbox and uncharted and red dead redemption on ps3, that's about it. Console sucks for shooters.
Old March 20, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
My last console was a Sega Genesis :P
Amen, been a PC gamer ever since. I did touch my friends consoles, but none of them can match my PC.
Old March 20, 2012, 10:01 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

PC is my primary choice for gaming right now, but if it's not PC, I game on my 360 and my PS3 is basically relegated to a Blu-Ray player.
Old March 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Only have the Wii, and really after I finished Mario, it is only the kids that use it. There is one reason why I would like to get a PS3 though, and that is to be able to play a good hockey game again. I get disgusted that I can't play hockey on my PC. Hell that is where the hockey games were born and now we get nothing.

Old March 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
Lyserberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Only have the Wii, and really after I finished Mario, it is only the kids that use it. There is one reason why I would like to get a PS3 though, and that is to be able to play a good hockey game again. I get disgusted that I can't play hockey on my PC. Hell that is where the hockey games were born and now we get nothing.
That's a good point there that i forgot to mention,very nice titles like FIFA Street (so far i only played the demo,but GOD DAMN IT4S A LOT OF FUN) and SSX and majority of sports games get released only on console (sometimes even on PS2 and Wii) and i think the biggest reason for that is piracy,i can't really blame them on that,bare in mind that according to torrenfreak FIFA 12 has almost 4 millions download times in different torrent websites ,so yeah good thing these games are only on console,although a PC version with higher resolutions,and higher AA is welcomed
Old March 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
Allstar

My PS3 is my blue ray player. All the games have been sold of Collect dust.

PC only for me too.
Well thats a lie, Ill play Mario on the wii with the kids.