Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12, 2012, 06:18 AM
Allstar

Default FO: New Vegas revisited

It's a slow rpg month, so I'm replaying FONV (on Steam) to experience one/some of the other endings. Recently recruited ED-E and Veronica, both handy to have around for sure. Almost forgot how compelling the story is and enjoying it, but it is showing it's age, I'm sure Skyrim looks 10x better.

Has anyone recruited all the Companions and gotten the achievement for it? I read it might be glitchy, so I'm trying to plan my questing so I can get them all, assuming it's even possible.
Old March 12, 2012, 08:51 AM
MVP

My System Specs

It's definitely possible, you just have to be careful that you don't do anything that might convince one of them to quit before you get them all.

Edit: Oh. Avoid the Thorn. At all ******* costs avoid the Thorn. Before you go there, dismiss all your companions first. It's notoriously buggy.
Old March 12, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

I've recruited them all without a problem in the past. Was a while ago, dont remember the details
Old March 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I got them all on the 360, had to do a second playthrough to get them all. The hardest one for me was the nightskin Maltida, at least I think that was her name. The conversation had to go just right for her to join you.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old March 12, 2012, 03:52 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
I got them all on the 360, had to do a second playthrough to get them all. The hardest one for me was the nightskin Maltida, at least I think that was her name. The conversation had to go just right for her to join you.
No I think she's Lily, I'm following the wiki for them, so it should work. I've got Arcade done now, and Boone and Cass waiting to join. I wonder if there's a minimum time you need them to follow to qualify, likely not.

I've got the "wild wasteland" perk, and it's funny, I highly reccomend anyone replaying it to choose it early on.

Last edited by On2wheels; March 13, 2012 at 03:45 AM.