Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2012, 03:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

I'm still trying to come up with an ending that makes sense with the citadael even moving..... really dont see how thats remotely possible at this point and its got me stumped on how to proceed, having trouble working with the crucible at all really. For the moment I'm just sticking with turning the back on the god kid and ignoring him, letting my massive fleet of every race (minus Salarians, though I do have the STG) just fight it out.

But I have to say war assets were extremely dissapointing, even when you dont look at the ending. When I heard of them and of the galactic map, on top of the fact that they kept saying we would choose which races would survive, first thing that sprang in to my mind was we would be deploying forces, winning back territory, sacrificing one zone for another. Bit optimistic maybe but it would have been a great use for the war assets, multiplayer sort of took over this role....

And for people not wanting a happy ending, every other triology I know of (and its actually not as many as I thought it was) ends on a positive. LOTOR - Ring is destoryed and hobbiton is saved. Star Wars - Death Star is destroyed, emperor killed and Vader's redeemed. Matrix - as little sense as it did make the robots stopped attacking. I dont know maybe I'm still young enough that I'm not completely jaded but I wanted to see Shepard walk off into the sunset with whoever I chose as my LI. GODDAMN! I worked hard on those after all.

The reapers also disappointed me, they added 1 new type. After the human reaper looked, well, human I was expected lots of different variants to be in the fleet. Only different one is apparently harbinger.
Old April 3, 2012, 11:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, finished this on the weekend, played through all three endings. I played through with the default character, waiting for the fix so I can import my ME1/ME2 Shepard without having to recreate him. It was rather jarring to find that a lot of the characters I nursed through the first 2 games were dead, and I look forward to a replay with some of the old NPCs still alive.

I'm disappointed that all 3 choices ended up with destroying the galactic civilization along with the relays. Even if you "win" you lose everything you fought for. It's kind of hard to see how they will have more games in the same universe, unless they do the Star Wars thing and the next trilogy is set earlier in time. All in all, still a great storyline and worth the time even though the ending leaves a bit of a sour taste in your mouth.
Old April 3, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

I think one of the things thats irking me the most now is its the original deus ex ending. Except it made sense in Deus Ex, it didnt in Mass Effect.

Well that and the destruction of the galaxy, the flawed logic of using synthetics to save organics from synthetics, the citadel being captured and moved with 0 explanation or logic, the Cerberus faction being explained away with the illusive man was indoctrinated and that its happened before, the fact that even with the best ending you have the krogan resorting to eating everyone before they die out due to not being able to reproduce, the geth having to be destroyed with the reapers, I could go on for quite a while yet, in my opinion the ending was just a rubbish last minute "what the hell , better than nothing" moment on the eve of game going gold

I'm really beginning to think that the only ending that fits my vision at all is the stand back say screw you wunderkin and watch your combined navies fight it out. On all accounts from the first 2 games it should be possible to win conventionally despite what every ME3 character says. Think about it, the Reapers main victory against every race before is their entry through the citadel, shock and awe, surprise decapitation of the galaxy's government. That didnt happen and we saw their hand. We have the largest fleet ever in the Quarians, larger than even the Turians. The turians scored several victories against the reapers. The illusive man also managed to severe control of the the reaper ground forces from the reapers through Miranada's father at Sanctuary. The geth are stronger and smarter than ever, hell the quarians now have an EDI for each of their ships at the very least.

And I geuss I could go on with that line of thought too. I had huge respect and admiration for bioware with Dragon Age origins and the mass effect series. Was first damaged with the expansion to origins, then with DA2. Now, welll now I just wont be preordering/buying their next game or 2 and will be keeping an eye on if they redeem themselves at all. And the sad thing is thats only the gripes I have with the ending.... its a great game but they just rushed it too muc and cut a few corners that shouldnt have been cut.

I'm putting much too much thought into this I now realize, whens the the witcher 2 enhanced edition upgrade coming out again?
Old April 3, 2012, 02:25 PM
MVP
F@H

Same here on the ending. It's reduced the desire to replay the game frequently. At least the MP will allow me to get some replay value for a while......... Not very interested in where BioWare will go with ME after this (and stopped with DA II)
Old April 3, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I'm putting much too much thought into this I now realize, whens the the witcher 2 enhanced edition upgrade coming out again?
April 17th if I recall correctly. And yes, Bioware will have some serious work cut out for them to restore me as a customer.

Old April 5, 2012, 09:52 AM
MVP
F@H

Default DLC ending announced

But it sounds like more double speak, 'we're not going to change the endings, but...'

Won't happen for some time though... summer was mentioned. Probably great for those who haven't purchased it yet.

Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut | BioWare Blog
Old April 5, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

bah, it sounds like just more of the same which will not fix it for me. If they do add the option that says "screw you starchild" and lets your armies fight it out......that might for me otherwise Bioware will remain dead to me.
Old April 5, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, they have lost me.

I really had never been so disappointed with an ending ever before and frankly just adding a bit to the existing ends just won't cut it for me. It really is a shame, I mean it was one of the best series of games I have ever played and I so wanted it to end in a way that was appropriate but that was just not to be.

They turn around and say hey look what we are giving you for free, and I say that is BS. So they give us a few little cut scenes that should been in the game in the first damn place. They need to take a look at CD Projekt RED, they are giving us 4 hours of gameplay for free in the Witcher 2 2.0. But no all we get is a empty hollow attempt to appease the fans. But then again what can you expect when the parent company for Bioware, EA, has been voted as the worst company in America. The Voters Have Spoken: EA Is Your Worst Company In America For 2012! - The Consumerist

I guess it is time to uninstall it and file it away. Needless to say, I will not be spending my money on Bioware products any more. I'm not saying that in a happy stick it too them way either, as I would have much rather have them just fix the ending and restore my faith in them. But too little too late.

Old April 6, 2012, 01:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

Well I've know that about ea for years....

But I completely agree. I will not be buying any doc for me3,I will not be buying dragon age 3, I will not be supporting bioware in anyway from now on. They can keep their artistic integrity. Hope it can pay the bills for them.

I think CD project is now my favorite game dev ever. All dlc for it has been free, enhanced edition is a free upgrade, I get an free dlc copy even though I bought the game on steam. I think I love them.

Last edited by muse108dc; April 6, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old April 6, 2012, 08:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Mass Effect 3 'Extended Cut' DLC free this summer, offers 'further clarity to the ending' | Joystiq

That should make people happy and stop the whining about the ending