Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here is an article covering it and the author spells it out quite well.

Quote:
Most are upset for a simple reason – the Mass Effect 3 ending as it stands provides no details on what ultimately happens to the characters players have bonded with in the series, and Shepard himself seems oddly out of character when he accepts that there are only 3 choices to deal with the fate of the galaxy. While the other two games emphasized that the player’s choices made a huge impact in the galaxy, the ending of the third game takes nothing into account but your war assets – a simple numerical number.
‘Mass Effect 3′ Fans Petition For New Game Ending | Game Rant

At least that is well written, although there is another one out there that points at all of us as whiners and that we all just wanted some happy go lucky ending. Not going to link to it as it is obvious that the person who wrote it never even researched in the slightest why people are upset.

Oh and I knew that this would not be it for the Mass Effect universe, hell it says that right out in the last page of the collectors edition prima guide, but like mentioned you could still give this trilogy a proper ending. Other games are easy to do in that universe whether within that same time frame or maybe as a prequel with the first contact wars or how about in the future as I mentioned before. All of these ideas would have worked and still can work without this crap ending. Actually if you ask me they all could have worked much better had we been given a real ending.

Old March 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Found a great example of an ending someone wrote up. Hard to believe someone could craft an good ending that quickly and yet Bioware/EA couldn't.

Mass Effect 3 Alternate Endings. SPOILERS by *Arkis on deviantART

Well worth the read.

Old March 13, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

Supposedly you need an effective strength of 5000 and chose the destroy synthetics option to get the one with the rubble.

I also had Kaiden show up in the crashed Normandy after he joined the zerg rush for the light beam.
Old March 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Supposedly you need an effective strength of 5000 and chose the destroy synthetics option to get the one with the rubble.

I also had Kaiden show up in the crashed Normandy after he joined the zerg rush for the light beam.
Yea, I had Ashley walk out of the Normandy and yet she was with me in that rush for the beam. Just one of the reasons those endings make no sense.

Old March 13, 2012, 06:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Was I the only one that was disappointed Mordin dies to cure the genophage. He was one of, if not, my favourite character.
Old March 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Was I the only one that was disappointed Mordin dies to cure the genophage. He was one of, if not, my favourite character.

While I do wish there was some way to allow him to live and cure the genophage, I do like the way they handled his death. I liked how afterward talking to your crew they talked about him and acted at least a bit like they were in mourning.

Oh and now that I have the collectors edition guide, I have found out what the "default" choices would be if you have never played ME before. And I tell you what a different game than any of the ones I have done. Frankly I feel sorry for anyone just starting fresh without any imports.

Mass Effect 1 Default Choices
  • Characters Recruited: Garrus, Wrex
  • No DLC or sidequests are counted.
  • The Asari Shiala is killed by the Thorian.
  • The Rachni Queen is killed.
  • The colony on Feros is not saved.
  • Wrex is killed on Virmire.
  • Shepard does not enter into any romantic relationships.
  • The Council is killed, with the ship the Destiny Ascension, during the attack on the Citadel.
  • Udina is appointed Counselor.
Mass Effect 2 Default Choices
  • No DLC, sidequests or Loyalty Missions are counted toward Mass Effect 3. This includes two DLC exclusive characters, Zaeed and Kasumi, who count as never being recruited.
  • Tali is exiled from the Migrant Fleet.
  • Shepard does not enter into any romantic relationships. Again.
  • Grunt is not recruited.
  • Legion is not recruited, and no choice is made for the Geth.
  • Samara is never recruited. She is killed by Morinth trying to escape from Ilium.
  • Suicide Mission Survivors: Mordin, Jacob, Garrus, Tali and Miranda.
  • Suicide Mission Survivors (Normandy Crew): Joker and Chakwas. All other crew members are considered killed.
  • Suicide Mission Deaths: Jack, and Thane.
  • The Collector Base is destroyed.
  • Although the DLC is not considered completed by Shepard, the events still occured. The Batarian System is destroyed, and Liara is the Shadow Broker.

Oh yea, and with those choices, there is no way to get the so called "perfect" end without MP. You just would not be able to amass enough war assets to pull it off.

Old March 13, 2012, 08:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Is it just me, or does the default options sort of seem a little renegade to me? Kill the Thorian Asari, kill the rachni queen, **** over Feros, kill wrex, kill the council, don't bother getting Grunt/Legion/Samara (on top of Samara dying, she was one of my favorite new characters next to Mordin), Tali is exiled, Jack and Thane die, your entire crew except for Seth Green and the Doctor die.

Just terrible.
Old March 13, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea, when I read that I was like WTF?!?

I mean kill Wrex? Seriously how could you kill him and then having Jack and Thane die. Shit, that would have major repercussions later when cerberus takes the citidel.

Old March 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I felt bad when I seen my cute, female character literally dying in front of me, bleeding out and suffering. No other game ever gave me that feeling. I consider this one of the best games I have ever played, even if my fate ultimately was to die at the end, I still accomplished my goal in destroying the reapers.

Old March 14, 2012, 05:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And you destroyed everything else, no matter the choice you have basically destroyed galactic civilization, in other words in every option the reapers win.