Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2012, 01:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default Deus Ex : HR "we are truely sorry"

I quite liked the most recent iteration of the Deus Ex series and I like it even more now.

That quote is in relation to the game bosses, which were easily the worst part of the game. But this has to be the first time ever that I've seen devs come out and apologize for something to do in their game.

I'm now looking forward to the next one (you know there will be one). And the DLC easily showed that they have learned from their mistakes. I am confused though as to why they didnt insert the DLC into the main game....
Old March 9, 2012, 09:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I liked Deus ex mind you I am still at the early pat of the game stuck because I cannot get past a boss but I do like the game
Old March 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah for real, the boss fights and lack of them were terrible. Seems like a lot of games are skipping on boss battles nowadays sadly.

Old March 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Actually the whole issue with boss fights in DE:HR was the fact you couldn't skip them, or in other words there was no other way around. Which is contrary to the rest of the game which gives you many ways of reaching a goal.
Old March 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I liked Deus ex mind you I am still at the early pat of the game stuck because I cannot get past a boss but I do like the game
same here, I'm playing on the hardest setting and I got stuck at the 2nd boss I think, big guy at the end of the factory type level

that was about 2 months ago probably, I've been missing the game, and the hacking, I'll have to try it again real soon
Old April 22, 2012, 04:57 PM
Rookie

I've been playing this game Metal Gear Solid style with stealth only. My only weapons at hands are the Stun Gun, Tranquilizer Rifle, and the handgun with Silencer and Red-Dot Scope. When I got to the boss fights, I got completely pwned by the A.I.
Old April 23, 2012, 03:44 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I still stuck on that 2nd boss I think he is, big guy with a chaingun type thing in room, tried it a few times since, but between getting killed real easy on hardest setting, maybe I should start over on easier setting
Old April 23, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I played and completed the original Deus Ex for the first time last year. Should I skip the second one?
Old April 23, 2012, 05:59 PM

I actually enjoyed the second one and played all the way through. I've only completed about 20 single player games in my life, so I consider it to be the mark of a pretty decent game.

I never played the first one though, so maybe I just wasn't spoiled enough.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old April 23, 2012, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

the sequel to the original was rubbish imo. i remember i beat it with only using a pistol as every gun used the same amo but in widely varying amounts. The bigger more powerful weapons just ate it in no time, flamethrower especially. That and the story made no sense after the first one. Somehow all endings became cannon and Denton became a god and it just was a cluster ....