Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Lack of Games to Play (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/52163-lack-games-play.html)

Kommie986 March 3, 2012 07:34 PM

Lack of Games to Play

IDK if it's just me, but I can't seem to find a game I can stick to. I'm bored of BF3, MW3, and Skyrim. Currently playing SC2, but it's not that fun and I suck. Tried some older games (CoD4, Total Wars) but can't seem to get into any of the. Any suggestions for current games to play? Or any upcoming ones I should keep an eye on?

ultraman7k March 3, 2012 07:41 PM

I'd suggest the Mass Effect trilogy.

Some great gaming there.

Kommie986 March 3, 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultraman7k (Post 608079)
I'd suggest the Mass Effect trilogy.

Some great gaming there.

Should I play the first two first? Or can I just skip to the upcoming one?

JD March 3, 2012 08:03 PM

Yeah nothing really out until Summer/Fall. Add the weather to it, and it's obvious why people are so depressed from January to April :haha:

Honestly, the game choices you list are similar to what I play and well I don't think Mass Effect is going to interest you much. It surely didn't do it for me. Most boring game I've played yet, with Far Cry 2 coming up closely behind. Maybe ME gets better as you progress, but after an hour of just clicking through conversations, I stopped playing.

On2wheels March 3, 2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kommie986 (Post 608083)
Should I play the first two first? Or can I just skip to the upcoming one?

I couldn't last through the first one, felt too much like a broken console rpg port, but the second one is good if you can stand the wonky camera control. Definitely worth seeing the 2nd one before the 3rd.

If you like rpg's, the Witcher series is very good. And if you're a trekkie, Star Trek Online is free to play now, Steam has it, but you can get it w/o steam as well.

Shadowmeph March 3, 2012 08:38 PM

I know what you mean about lack of games , I have about 8 different games going right now but the one I have been playing around with is Startrek online its kind of fun if your into Startrek, I usually play the free online games out there especially now thaty my Main PC is off line for a while I am currently using my folding machine while I wait for my PSU to come .

LaughingCrow March 3, 2012 10:59 PM

Switch to something else altogether for a while rather than force it. Go to your local library and check out the books and movies; lot of great series in both to keep you engaged.

Pabz0r545 March 3, 2012 11:06 PM

add me up on starcraft 2. It's much funner when you win. I trained up a couple noobs from HWC already :D.

oSgGaruda 327

Kommie986 March 4, 2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 (Post 608134)
add me up on starcraft 2. It's much funner when you win. I trained up a couple noobs from HWC already :D.

oSgGaruda 327

I added you. My name is AllanBhoyCFC in case you were wondering who that noob in quadruple bronze league is. :haha:

cmac79 March 4, 2012 05:44 AM

i've been enjoying allen wake for the last cpl days,its ok,good break from the cod's and bf3 lol