Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2012, 07:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you like games like Skyrim check out Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was done by R.A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane. It really is a fun game with some pretty good combat and a decent story line.
Old March 4, 2012, 07:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Watcher 1 and 2 if you enjoy rpgs. They are amazing games, that will/can take a lot of time to go through and beat.

I'd also recommend Mass Effect 1-3 (seeing as 3 launches on tues) if you want to play an shooter rpg, though if you want a bit less story and a lot more shooting you should pick up and play Borderlands.
Old March 4, 2012, 08:08 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 View Post
If you like games like Skyrim check out Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It was done by R.A. Salvatore and Todd McFarlane. It really is a fun game with some pretty good combat and a decent story line.
I bought kingdoms, it is a crap game IMO, I felt better about buying dead island then this game, and I can't stand dead island lol.
Old March 4, 2012, 08:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Watcher 1 and 2 if you enjoy rpgs. They are amazing games, that will/can take a lot of time to go through and beat.

I'd also recommend Mass Effect 1-3 (seeing as 3 launches on tues) if you want to play an shooter rpg, though if you want a bit less story and a lot more shooting you should pick up and play Borderlands.
Do you still play BF3 Arinoth?
Old March 4, 2012, 02:14 PM
Rookie

If you can look past its dated graphics and lacking presentation, you should really consider Mount and Blade: Warband. It's a third-person action game with both single and multiplayer modes, and the mod community is fantastic (ie. siege and event servers with 200+ players). Again, it was initially developed by a Turkish husband and wife team, so it's pretty rough around the edges, but I've sunk more time into this game and its mods than BF3 and Skyrim combined I think.
Old March 4, 2012, 10:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

absolutely agree with Arinoth.....Borderlands. great game...great fun...great characters...great weapons. lots of gameplay as you may choose to assume any one of 4 characters. there's also a 2nd playthrough. it sure will keep you busy until you find something else IMHO.
Old March 5, 2012, 07:34 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Try an MMO, they are a tonne of fun until you grow bored of them.

Or make a D2 Hardcore Ladder character and play that until D3 comes out.