Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2013, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well I am not officially done with the game.

Tonight I loaded up my city played for about 10 minutes then I get a think that pops up that says there are issues with my city and I have to log out to fix it. I log out and it says "Rolling Back" and stays there for some time. So I hit quit and it says "Need to sync" it does then closes.

Reload game.. city.. gone.

I will wait for a bit longer to see if my time will be worth it but considering they are already 5 patches in and its still crap.. I'll hold out for 5 more.
Old March 19, 2013, 05:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm holding out till the traffic patch comes out so I can see if they actually fixed traffic or if it's still poor logic.
Old March 19, 2013, 07:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The traffic patch has arrived and man does it ever make a difference:

Traffic Improvements:
  • Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
  • Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
  • Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
Old March 31, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm done... my city was rolled back, then gone, then there again but rolled back again. I still have issues logging in, and am tired of the online DRM system. I've now ununstalled the game and my boycott of EA is official. Every EA game I have has been uninstalled and I'll not be purchasing from them again.
Old March 31, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow it's that bad huh? ^^^

I've been tempted to purchase the game several times but I have yet to pull the trigger and I think I will hold off. I've read far too much fuckery about this game.
Old March 31, 2013, 02:55 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Waiting for a few patches to fix a few of the annoyances in the game then I am back with the fiancee playing it. Lots of fun has been had with it none the less
Old March 31, 2013, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I'm done... my city was rolled back, then gone, then there again but rolled back again. I still have issues logging in, and am tired of the online DRM system. I've now ununstalled the game and my boycott of EA is official. Every EA game I have has been uninstalled and I'll not be purchasing from them again.
Good man. My boycott started around ME3/BF3 Premium. ME is, perhaps, my favorite gaming universe of all time but principle comes first. Starving the beast is the only way to enact change. I know that I'd enjoy the aforementioned titles but that's besides the point.

Of course, I have no problem purchasing future EA titles without draconian DRM or money-grabbing DownLoadableCrap. Hopefully EA's recent public relations disasters, substantial loss of profits and change of leadership will steer the ship in the right direction. Having said that, greed knows no bounds and I can't same I'm very hopeful.
Old April 4, 2013, 12:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I picked up a couple copies for me and my bro to play, it is a fun game and have had no issues with the game yet, would be nice if it also saved locally and to the cloud. But this will probably be the last each game I buy.
Old April 17, 2013, 04:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

NSFW, coarse language but a hilarious review as most of his are: SIMCITY (Zero Punctuation) - YouTube
Old October 31, 2013, 06:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I take it there hasn't been any improvement on the game since release and that it's still online with no real single player options?

Reason I ask is that I just received a free copy from a purchase, but from what I've seen and read it's not worth installing and giving away free copies is really just an attempt to sell expansion packs when they release in November........

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP