Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 10, 2013, 08:06 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
We're going with West 4, Titan Gorge (best variety of terrain and services). Hit me up for an invite
I'll take an invite. Still have not played (but busy the last couple of days).
Fold for team #54196
Old March 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Enjoying myself so far, the last two days have been pretty smooth. Though they seemed to have some issues last night with cities syncing up with the server, thought I was going to lose all my hard work.

My biggest issues right now are traffic and water. The traffic AI, if you could call it that, is pretty bad. Plenty of open/empty roads but everyone has to pile into the same ones. It's as if they are using shortest distance instead of shortest travel time to determine routes. Also, why do ambulances/fire trucks/police cars have to wait in traffic, I would expect the cars to move out of the way and that the lights would turn green for them. The number of buildings that have burned down, or crimes/injuries, that are missed because of this is a pain. I also don't like the fact you only have one highway connection to the region (though trade port with rail connection has solved most of my problems).

I also don't get why the water table drains so quickly, I find my self having to move pumps/dezone areas quite frequently to maintain stable water with a fairly constant population.

Obviously if we had larger borders for cities the above could probably be alleviated as you could dedicate more area to certain things.
Old March 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If you want to join the group you need to connected to West 4 otherwise I can't send an invite as each server is isolated from the others.
Old March 10, 2013, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Enjoying myself so far, the last two days have been pretty smooth. Though they seemed to have some issues last night with cities syncing up with the server, thought I was going to lose all my hard work.

My biggest issues right now are traffic and water. The traffic AI, if you could call it that, is pretty bad. Plenty of open/empty roads but everyone has to pile into the same ones. It's as if they are using shortest distance instead of shortest travel time to determine routes. Also, why do ambulances/fire trucks/police cars have to wait in traffic, I would expect the cars to move out of the way and that the lights would turn green for them. The number of buildings that have burned down, or crimes/injuries, that are missed because of this is a pain. I also don't like the fact you only have one highway connection to the region (though trade port with rail connection has solved most of my problems).

I also don't get why the water table drains so quickly, I find my self having to move pumps/dezone areas quite frequently to maintain stable water with a fairly constant population.

Obviously if we had larger borders for cities the above could probably be alleviated as you could dedicate more area to certain things.
Yes that traffic kinda pisses me off since that's basically how it worked in previous Simcitiies, they would take the shortest path when it was super congested even when another street a block over has no traffic at all. Firetrucks and police cars all seem to respond to the same incident at once and ignore others. As for your water problem. You can actually put a water pump next to your sewage plant, since when the sewage plant always produces water,since thats where it all flows back to. Just make sure you build the treatment or filtering (whatever its called) building module. I'm pretty sure rivers are a constant source of water as well.
Old March 10, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

You know that was actually the next place for my water pump, though I had not considered the fact that the sewage plant produces water. It would really have just been because that where the biggest area of dark blue was. Thanks for the tip headsh0t.
Old March 11, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Man just had a giant lizard followed by a tornado hit my town. Tornado wasn't an issue, but the lizard took out my recently placed water pump my water filtration and one of my tram stations.

Has anyone built a nuclear power plant? I am wondering how much water it requires.
Old March 11, 2013, 05:59 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Man just had a giant lizard followed by a tornado hit my town. Tornado wasn't an issue, but the lizard took out my recently placed water pump my water filtration and one of my tram stations.

Has anyone built a nuclear power plant? I am wondering how much water it requires.

I'm not sure what the water requirements are for the nuclear power plant but make sure your population is educated . I put down a university then a couple cooling towers. Well turns out I didn't have enough workers in my city to work at the uni.. and people were not educated enough. My power plant ended up exploding. Now half the map is filled with radiation so I basically abandoned that city all together.
Dell U3011 + Yamakasi Sparta 301
Asus Z87-A
12GB Dominator 1800
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
Corsair HSX 1000watts
Mountain Mod UFO-U2
Razer Deathadder 2014
Logitech G510
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
2 X 150GB Raptor X RAID 0

Old March 11, 2013, 08:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by implosion222 View Post
I'm not sure what the water requirements are for the nuclear power plant but make sure your population is educated . I put down a university then a couple cooling towers. Well turns out I didn't have enough workers in my city to work at the uni.. and people were not educated enough. My power plant ended up exploding. Now half the map is filled with radiation so I basically abandoned that city all together.

You need your education level as well as tech level to be at least 1 of 3 full (for tech level) otherwise they are not trained/safe and enjoy a meltdown/explosion
Old March 12, 2013, 11:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Its amazing how quickly you can suck all the oil out of the ground.... I wonder when the global market prices will once again be reflective of the global market (werent they reset/removed with the leaderboards?) Or is "Global" just all the cities in a region (16 city region is really 4x4, you cant buy services from everyone just the immediate neighbors), so does "global" just mean all 16 cities then?

Anyhoo, unexpected extra week off work..... unexpected extra week playing simcity :)

PS. someone with a University wanna research the Hazmat fire services???? Its only funny the first couple times when buildings go BOOM!

Have an A-1 day!

Last edited by 4DoorGTZ; March 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old March 12, 2013, 02:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I will try and login tonight as I would love an invite too please, I did not realise we were changing regions as I was playing on W1 last night.