Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2013, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have I think 3 trade depots going and not a trade port with shipping abilities. Not sure how well the shipping works tho since everyone else is on land LOL.

3/4 of my map is dirty land and VERY brown but I was also without a sewage treatment plant for too long.

I'm hoping that by putting that in things will clear up but we'll see.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

wow. I cant believe it, I think this is the only game EVER to actually have its review score cut drastically. Polygon took it from a 9.5 pre-release to a 8 on release and now has it sitting at a 4. Even Diablo didnt receive that.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Dang... I finally get in to the game and the forums region is full.
Old March 8, 2013, 12:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well I was able to spend the entire evening on the NA West 1 server and only got kicked (to main menue, not off the server) once. The city that I spent the whole time in was saved as it should have been and all was well. This wasnt in the HWC region but I did get a lot of messages of server disconnects/reconnects during primetime but nearing 11pm (mst) they hardly appeared at all.

Anyone know the mechanics/rules behind abandoning a city? I get the fact that I cannot reclaim it, but would I be able to if someone took it over and then they abandoned it? Or is that city now permanently not available for me in this region?

Have an A-1 day!
Old March 8, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
wow. I cant believe it, I think this is the only game EVER to actually have its review score cut drastically. Polygon took it from a 9.5 pre-release to a 8 on release and now has it sitting at a 4. Even Diablo didnt receive that.
Because Blizzard good, EA bad.

Also, Caldezar, someone could probably abandon one of their cities to let you play. I know Enaberif has one he hasnt built much in yet.

AND ALSO: SimCity Server Status

Last edited by headsh0t; March 8, 2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old March 8, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Because Blizzard good, EA bad.

Also, Caldezar, someone could probably abandon one of their cities to let you play. I know Enaberif has one he hasnt built much in yet.

AND ALSO: SimCity Server Status
No idea how to Abandon .. can't figure that out.
Old March 8, 2013, 09:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Got my city chugging make lots of tvs, computers, and processors. I was able to stock pile for half a day and unlock the 4.25 million in sales.

On another note maxis is formally apologizing and offering free ea game if you have registered your game on origin by the 18th :A SimCity Update?And Something For Your Trouble - EA News

I don't recall blizzard admitting their fault or giving back to their customers are their horrible launch
Old March 8, 2013, 11:20 PM
Allstar

Too bad there is nothing in their portfolio that I want.
Old March 9, 2013, 10:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Better then not apologizing and not offering a free (hopefully full release title not a 2+ year old game that's 10$ or less)
Old March 9, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I hate to see all this frustration, anger, lost time and temporarily lost money; however, this fiasco is probably good for the gaming community in the long run, as it really exposes the direction the corporate boardroom is attempting to take the industry. Thank you, DRM adopters, for breaking the trail towards a better gaming future.