Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 1, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Simcity Societies was absolute junk. I'm hoping SimCity 5 goes back to the series' roots while providing the open mod environment of the fourth installment.
Having never played SimCity Societies (read about it and decided against it) I am hoping for the same thing for 5 as you are.
Old March 3, 2012, 08:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I loved sc3000, sc4 I found to really lagg on (current for the time) machines of decent caliber once you had a large city.... Might be worth a re-visit of SC4 with today's hardware and see if it still suffers from what was probably just poor coding.

Have an A-1 day!
Old March 3, 2012, 09:59 PM
Rookie
F@H

Wow, i didn't event know about simcity 5 until i read this.

I played most of the pc versions except 3000. I played lots of simcity classic and simcity 2000. I really loved simcity 4 (especially during night shifts ).

I played a couple hours of societies, i didn't liked it very much although i didn't hate it either. I just like to deal with a much larger amount of sims and developpement to cover than to check how many creativity i have to produce in order to construct the movie theater...

I also played Cities XL (after it went full offline), and i loved the game, seriously. But for some stupid reason, they decided to go single threaded... So when i reached a certain number of population, the game started to chop, and i had one core of my CPU maxed... So i stopped playing the game. They are on their third release of the game (citiesxl 2012) and they still didn't fixed that...

Anyways, so much typing to say, sim city 5 = DO WANT!
Old March 3, 2012, 10:12 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

All I ask is for two things: the ability to APPROVE buildings before they go up (no shanty towns next to my high end condo towers) and NO SIMS in the game.
Old March 4, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

I wouldn't hold my breath on there not being any Sims in it. The building approval idea is interesting, though don't you think it would get out of hand in a big city?
Old March 4, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Awesome I can't wait!
Old March 4, 2012, 12:31 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath on there not being any Sims in it. The building approval idea is interesting, though don't you think it would get out of hand in a big city?
I always preferred to micro manage my cities so I don't think it would get out of hand. Basically, have to settings: auto approve or manual. I'd probably leave it on auto pilot until I zone for mid density or high rises.

Another thing I want is a continuation of SimCity 4's excellent line of mod tools into this new version.
Old March 4, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I always preferred to micro manage my cities so I don't think it would get out of hand. Basically, have to settings: auto approve or manual. I'd probably leave it on auto pilot until I zone for mid density or high rises.

Another thing I want is a continuation of SimCity 4's excellent line of mod tools into this new version.
Bolded part is definitely important to me as well. I think instead of the auto approve or manual maybe a slider with a minimum building "quality" would work better, maybe with a further option for manual control. I could see it getting very annoying if I was on highest speed waiting to build up cash for some expansion and having loads of building approval messages pop up.
Old March 6, 2012, 08:18 PM
MVP
F@H

SimCity Announce Trailer - YouTube
Old March 6, 2012, 09:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well as much as it looked cool, they already ruined it for me.

SimCity Announce Trailer Insider's Look - YouTube

Multiplayer, and with sims.

Stupid multiplayer, I don't need to play with everyone else. I just want a new modern Simcity, none of this multiplayer sim crap!!