Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2013, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I want to play this game, but I'm not willing to pay $80 to not be able to play....

F.U.C.K. EA!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 7, 2013, 06:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Pollution would go down if we stopped using coal/oil power plants :P But I have a slight radiation issue since an earthquake nuked my powerplant.
I've gone nuclear myself while rebuilding my city, we could have gone with the giant solar panel over the other great work we chose, but you miners and oil drillers pollute something fierce.
Old March 7, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I don't want to troll this thread but last night I reloaded SimCity 4 with a bunch of mods from Simtropolis and I'm back in SimCity heaven.

That is a good idea. It makes me think of what GOG put on their twitter account yesterday,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG.com
Server problems? DRM-free SimCity 2000 needs no internet to play AND it's only $5.99
Loved that.

Old March 7, 2013, 10:20 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Just remember: nearly EVERY ONE of the SimCity 4 mods is INCOMPATIBLE with the Steam version and MOST don't work with the Origin version. You'll need the stand-alone SimCity 4 (luckily I still have my original CD + Rush Hour expansion) + stand-alone patches for them to work....
Old March 7, 2013, 10:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well then. Get a hard copy. I always knew digital distros were going to a big problem.
Old March 7, 2013, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Are you sure they don't work for Steam? Try the NAM mod, and download it from ModDB instead of Simtropolis.

Also, looks like an update is coming out for THIS Simcity;
Quote:
3/07 Server Update: We are in the process of deploying a hotfix to all servers. This includes various improvements and also disables a few non-critical gameplay features (leaderboards, achievements and region filters).
:( Kinda want the leaderboards since we were doing so well.
Old March 7, 2013, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Check this out.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Check this out.
Yes a grumpy CSR, you can get that at any call center. Can you guys stop posting all the hate in here or make a new thread about your hatred for EA and Always-On DRM K plz thnx. I've probably already got almost half the hours I've put into Simcity as I did Diablo 3 which had the same shit. Diablo 3 was a more regrettable purchase for me, seeing as I paid a FULL $60 and also couldnt play it very often the first few days, yet most people here still ate it up and bought it. Not condoning the use of always-on DRM, but it was known for how many months pre-launch? This game is pretty addictive once you can actually play it.

Feel free to make as much noise about it as you want, since maybe they WILL actually implement a type of offline mode, but please direct it to the Maxis/EA Forums or the Simcity Sub-Reddit (Maxis devs are active there) if you actually want your complaints heard - instead of in this thread where no EA employee will see it. It only further annoys us (already annoyed from the always online stuff) who want to have a conversation about the game we're playing.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
who want to have a conversation about the game we're playing.
So, unhappy about it rant elsewhere cause if you have nothing positive to say it isn't a valid "conversation about the game we're playing"?

Wow.
Old March 7, 2013, 12:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Actually, I think conversations about the issues others are having connecting are completely relevant. While I understand that headsh0t likes the game and is having a great time playing it, others are not and that is important too.