Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ah Sim City, how I wanted it to be good. But alas EA sticks their head in it and once again they are ruining a good franchise.

I say this today and it made me laugh:
SimSimCity: The SimCity Simulator - Dorkly Article

Old March 5, 2013, 06:58 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Bought this tonight. Will give it a shot on the weekend.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 5, 2013, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

4 hours waiting... still can't log in. Just cycles the same damn 20 minute countdown over and over. Looking online, this seems to be the theme everywhere. Can't even play on EU or Oceanic servers in the mean time as they are locked to NA IP's. This is absolutely f*in ridiculous. Especially a pain since I was able to play briefly this morning and I actually enjoyed it. It wouldn't be so bad if I could play in any kind of offline mode.

F* it. I'm never buying another 'perma online DRM' game again, and I'm officially boycotting EA purchases. I don't care if the greatest game ever made is released by EA; there's enough gaming to be had by game producers that actually give a crap.
Old March 5, 2013, 10:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Set up a vpn when you connect to the server so it looks like you are from there. Once connected to the server disconnect the vpn and profit
Old March 5, 2013, 10:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

HWC region is currently 150th~ in the world population wise.
Old March 5, 2013, 10:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

With what happened with Diablo 3, I wasn't expecting it to be a smooth launch tbh. I started playing around 5pm CST today and had no trouble logging in but that would be 3pm PST so it seems the West server gets hit then. I hope they allocate some more resources to their servers asap, cause waiting 20 minutes to play Simcity isnt cool. Trying to invite people to the rejoin has been really buggy as well. It seemed fine yesterday. Tonight I built up a lot of the mining specialization buildings and a trade depot and was pulling in about $1.4 - 1.8 million a day, and had about $10 million in the bank even after sending out a few million dollars to my neighouring cities. Not bad. Speaking of which I saw our HWC region at #31 on the global leaderboards before they... stopped updating every 15 minutes like it says it should. Anyways, hopefully it gets sorted out by tomorrow and we can actually invite a couple more people into the region.

Last edited by headsh0t; March 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old March 5, 2013, 10:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I was able to get on after work today and stay connected up till 10mins ago.... and now I get the 20min wait before retry thingy....

Funny to see all the metropolis' already standing and I come along trying to build something, going somewhat industrial but wanna restart my first city "Conklin" but not until I cannibalize the workers for "Ft. Macmurray" :)

Have an A-1 day!
Old March 6, 2013, 04:44 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Funny to see all the metropolis' already standing and I come along trying to build something, going somewhat industrial but wanna restart my first city "Conklin" but not until I cannibalize the workers for "Ft. Macmurray" :)
If you wanna poach some Ft Mac workers just open up some commercial areas with more pubs ;p
Fold for team #54196
Old March 6, 2013, 08:45 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I managed to login and play through the tutorial and 1 hour of gametime on the US East 1 server before I had to sleep. I will try and get onto the US West 1 server this afternoon and join your game hopefully.
Old March 6, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge22 View Post
I managed to login and play through the tutorial and 1 hour of gametime on the US East 1 server before I had to sleep. I will try and get onto the US West 1 server this afternoon and join your game hopefully.
Yea we'll try to get you in. Been having connection issues the past 2 hours, now I can't connect at all. Srsly f^ck EA. Also, everyone seemed to grab 2 cities for some reason except me so there's only like 2 city spots left. Maybe those that started 2nd cities will be kind and pass them over if we need