Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2012, 05:09 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I had the same gun. I couldn't kill anything with it. I sold it.
I sold my 5% rare item relic...
Old October 19, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Fibber guns have all lies for stats, as stated in the red text. Nothing on there is actually reflective of the gun stat. But it is a fairly powerful gun.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old October 20, 2012, 12:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Fibber guns have all lies for stats, as stated in the red text. Nothing on there is actually reflective of the gun stat. But it is a fairly powerful gun.
The red text plus crazy stat numbers make the whole lying part of this weapon pretty obvious. If someone would like to state what's not obvious..... maybe they could chime in and tell us what the fibber pistol is good for? I found it to be pretty useless against a lot of enemies but I didn't sell it just yet.
Old October 20, 2012, 05:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
The red text plus crazy stat numbers make the whole lying part of this weapon pretty obvious. If someone would like to state what's not obvious..... maybe they could chime in and tell us what the fibber pistol is good for? I found it to be pretty useless against a lot of enemies but I didn't sell it just yet.
I dunno if this makes it any good or not, but apparently the gun stats can change completely over a period of time.
Old October 20, 2012, 06:37 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
Well mine shoots an explosive shotgun, probably 8-9 explosive pellets.. except theyre not explosive and each do electrical damage. The 12% chance to electrocute is pretty accurate Id say, but that still means that about one pellet from each shot can electrocute. The base damage, however, is open for debate (depending on resistances) but it is fairly decent, probably in the 2-4k range per shot (all pellets combined). Lastly, consider that fire rate, which is not accurate but id say its around 8-10. All of these combined means when fighting for my life I can take out an enemy fairly easily at close range, and pretty quickly dispatch other nearby ones right after too.

Edit:

On another note: Finished the DLC for the first time last night and it was extremely challenging, probably harder than the final boss of the real game (see how i didnt spoil it for anyone? ;) )
Ive gotten many other red text guns and some of them are quite powerful. Ill get around to screenshoting them sometime today and post them up for you, but as far as I can tell most "red text" sites dont have descriptions for these weapons yet.

Addition note, Re: The 62k Rocket launcher: That things is freakin beast!!! It also has an arc and bounces one before exploding.... looks kindof like a ship's cannon that you're holding.
Old October 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

How long did it take you to complete the DLC?
Old October 20, 2012, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Depletes your shields then kills you off.. But has HUGE damage.. 17-19k up close

Old October 20, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

I really need to get back into this game again. Had quite a bit of fun with it last night again, still working on leveling my zero to 50.
Old October 21, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

Ricocheting Rail Gun!
Old October 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Nice rail gun! I keep hoping to find a high level one... even just beat the DLC twice in the past couple days hoping for better loot including one, but now.

All the damn e-tech guns I get are either useless spikers or useless shotguns that shoot blobs of crap.
Meta wants a railgun dammit.