Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Dead Space 2 !

I know this is an older game, but picked it up awhile back on one of Steams Sales for around $6 (I think).....great game, love the Enviroment / Graphics (DX9) and gameplay.....puzzles are easy enough to not frustrate an old fart like me!!!
Really like the storyline and weapons!!!

Lots of fun....at Chapter 8

Cheers

Old February 8, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Hell yeah, it's a great game, there's other threads here about it too. I might even reinstall now that you mention it...
Old February 8, 2012, 10:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I played through it a while back. It was a worthwhile buy.
Old February 8, 2012, 10:31 AM
Top Prospect

I started playing a bit but I'm still having trouble with mouse acceleration.. The game is playable but it really ruins it for me. I cannot find an ini file to change any settings.
Old February 8, 2012, 12:04 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasko View Post
I started playing a bit but I'm still having trouble with mouse acceleration.. The game is playable but it really ruins it for me. I cannot find an ini file to change any settings.
I recall reading many complaints about this issue on the PC. Unfortunately, I don't know of a solution.

I completed Dead Space 1 and 2 in sequence within a week or two. It was an excellent gaming experience.

If you enjoy the Dead Space fiction, you may wish to check out the two animated movies released alongside each game:
[prequel] IMDb - Dead Space: Downfall (Video 2008)
[in between 1 and 2] Dead Space: Aftermath (Video 2011) - IMDb
Old February 8, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

Didnt play the first one but ive had 2 for quite a while now. Just couldnt get into it. Dont know if it was just the third person shooter, or the guns or, the fact that I was trying to play a console game on a pc, but I just didnt like it. Personal opinion. I dont think I got much past the first hour though
Old February 8, 2012, 02:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasko View Post
I think it's a vsync conflict, or something weird like that. Check the Steam forums, I read something about it there maybe.
Old February 8, 2012, 03:55 PM
Allstar

i got REALLY pissed off at this game when the save system started ******* up. basically, whne fighting a boss character and then dying. any enemy(including the boss) would be respawned next to you in your 'prep' area. that means if you were out of ammo, you're screwed because you can't go to the store because the boss is now in a location it should NOT be in.
Old February 17, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasko

I think it's a vsync conflict, or something weird like that. Check the Steam forums, I read something about it there maybe.
^^^^ Didnt notice these issues at all, turned off VSynch and blasted through this @ 2560x1440 Res (all max) never seeing my GPU's utilization higher than around 75% with FPS anywhere between 150 - 275 FPS, butter smooth gameplay. Just finished it the other day, excellent game, hope the 3rd installment doesnt go to First Person, I really enjoyed the 3rd Person perspective.

Old February 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Top Prospect

I don't have trouble with other shooters (anything with the source engine, bf3, mw3, etc) but I really felt it in DS2. I finished DS1 and fixed the problem by disabling vsync but no luck for DS2. If you have time, try moving your mouse slowly across your mousepad and do a 360 turn, then move it back quickly to the original position (use the edge of your table/mousepad) Do you end up at the same initial spot? When I do that, I get a 360 turn, then a ~270 turn.