Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13, 2008, 02:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default StarCraft Trailer

I guess they figured "if it ain't broke...." because by the look of the trailer, even alot of the creatures are the same, and the gameplay look pretty similar too- I just hope the graphics are impressive.

GameSpot Video: Starcraft II Official Trailer 3?
Old March 13, 2008, 04:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

Hehe, how far off you could be. They are changing SO much, I'm personally getting to the point where I'll make a human sacrifice for the game. The Zerg are getting a MAJOR overhall, most impressive is a new unit (sorry, can't remember the name of it for the life of me; infester or something) is able to move while burrowed, and infest ANY Terran building. God, give me it now!
Old March 13, 2008, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would hope they've changed some things considering this one is coming a decade later
Old March 13, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hurry up and release this already!

I hope to hell it is balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 13, 2008, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

I hope its better than the voice actor they chose. I don't think she was very talented..

Nice trailer though! I can't wait ;)

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old March 13, 2008, 09:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

It's probably the best sound-a-like of Kerrigan they could find. Personally, I'll take someone who sounds like her over someone who sounds different but is a better voice actor.
Old March 13, 2008, 09:28 PM
Rookie

I don't like the idea of the Power Units like the Terran Thor, and Protoss Mothership. It resembles command & conquer to much (same lead designer). Other then that I can't wait for starcrack 2. Those mutated cannon ball zergs look sick.
Old March 14, 2008, 05:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

go to gametrailers.com to see more of starcraft 2. Can hardly wait for this.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 14, 2008, 11:43 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by nophen View Post
I don't like the idea of the Power Units like the Terran Thor, and Protoss Mothership. It resembles command & conquer to much (same lead designer). Other then that I can't wait for starcrack 2. Those mutated cannon ball zergs look sick.
I don't really think so as there is quite a difference between the two. To start, Starcraft already had "Power units" if you will in the original (and of course the expansion), Battle Cruiser? Ultralisk? Hell, even nukes? I'm sorry, there where already units that could devastate a base and make you say "oh fu-". It's no difference then the new units that they are introducing, actually, to be quite frank, they are just powerful units, but still easy to take down with the right strategy, just like any other unit.

And as for the "mutated cannon balls", it's actually an ability zerglings now have. They are able to transform themselves into those things and blow the crap out of stuff. God, Zerg rush has a whole new meaning now.

Speaking of new abilities, apparently Zealots now have a rush ability, which allows them to have a burst of speed to catch up to retreating units. Also, anyone who has played Terran knows the joy of using supply depots to make a wall. Well, they [at blizzard] thought of us finally, Supply Depots can now be lowered into the ground so units can run over it, so we are no longer stuck inside our base! YAY!
Old March 14, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Also, anyone who has played Terran knows the joy of using supply depots to make a wall. Well, they [at blizzard] thought of us finally, Supply Depots can now be lowered into the ground so units can run over it, so we are no longer stuck inside our base! YAY!
I rarely played terran but with protoss I took a liking to making massive walls of photon cannons then putting a couple rows of cloaked&upgraded carriers above them. <_< >_>

From the gameplay vids I have seen so far (as I have said before) the units and such look bulky, bloated, ugly and on the cartoony side. I seem to be the only person that I know of who thinks this however.
I hold a similar position on the graphics of games such as UT3 as well.