Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2012, 11:00 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default My week in minecraft

So I'm having a slow week waiting on a few things and I decided to start my first major landscaping project and I've been doing a little each day to improve it.

I started with a few giant cubes cut into the ground to start my valley through a mountain range and started sculpting from there. After getting a general shape that I liked I made the water fall which was a huge pain as water isn't the most manipulable thing in the game. I always like the other worldly land bridges over valleys so I made a large wishbone for a cool effect, but at the same time trying to keep it natual looking.

After that I layered grass over to make it the green valley I'd been picturing in my head and starting foresting it. The final touch was using bone meal to grass up the area and give it the details.

Tell me what you think and share some idea on what you would do differently. Also share your current MC project.
Attached Images

Old January 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have never played mine craft, what is the Purpose of the game, or I should say what is the objective of the game?
Old January 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Minecraft is a very blocky... game with no clear object.

There are several ways to play:
Survival where you want to build shelter and gather food and fight off zombies and other night time monsters.
Creative where it's just a giant "lego" like building game
Or do both.

I'm my case I'm doing a free build.
Old January 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

There is no purpose or reason for minecraft. Its a massive open area game to do as you please. The catch is that everything in the game has to be "crafted" and you can get materials from "mining".
Old January 13, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

aw ok can you do similar things like in the age of empires series like raiding other peoples goodies lol
Old January 13, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
aw ok can you do similar things like in the age of empires series like raiding other peoples goodies lol
You can join other servers if you wish and TRY to be an asshat but alot of servers have anti-griefing measures in place and you'll find yourself not having much fun for long.

Minecraft is a joy to play when you have a good group of people. I used to play with headsh0t and a few others and we spent many hours just goofing around and making some pretty elaborate areas above and below ground.