Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2011, 12:12 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Star Wars: The Old Republic

So there are a variety of threads about SWTOR (pre order, beta, guilds) etc, but no general thread.

Seeing as to how pre-access is up and running, I thought'd I'd make a thread for the actual game lol. Mods, if this is not acceptable, please lock/compile.

Anyways, spent the first hour or so getting my toons set up, made one of each class for each side. Totally digging the Imperial Agent, but I'm also really enjoying Consular/Knight so I'm really torn. Probably spent the most time on Knight though, since that is what I played in Beta.

Anyways post your stories/impressions whatever here and enjoy!
Old December 14, 2011, 04:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Still waiting to get my official email for my pre-order, though I played the Inquisitor and the Bounty Hunter in the two times I was in the beta and well, I seemed to enjoy the Inquisitor a lot better. Probably has to do with the heat that the Bounty Hunter uses vs well the kinda mana pool that the force is for the Inquisitor (even though I'll be playing him as an Assassin). Fiance is on the fence between the Imperial Agent (probably not sniper as she doesn't like how stationary they are) or an Inquisitor Sorc.
Old December 14, 2011, 08:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I did get into beta twice I think but I really limited my play. Didn't want to ruin it for the actual release, and I'm glad I didn't. Why must work get in the way of me playing this glorious game haha!
Old December 14, 2011, 11:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'll be an Imperial Agent either as a Marks Sniper, or stealth heals
Grand Master Zym is the server my guild got assigned too. Still waiting on my pre-access. I slacked on my pre-order, judging solely from speculation on the SWToR forums, I should have the key tomorrow. Estimates are around Nov 20th as the last day of invites for tomorrow.
Old December 14, 2011, 11:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm that wasn't my understanding or theory with some people about it, though I wouldn't say boo if I got access to the game tomorrow.
Old December 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This is the list I found that I based my hopeful predictions. Would be nice if it were true. I do know a few people that bought there pre-orders within the first 2 weeks and they all got their inv's on First / Second wave yesterday.

He deleted the Day 1 info, but it lined up with the system used today

**Wave 1, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Latest in this thread: 1th August.
UPDATE 2: Latest in this thread: 4th August.
UPDATE 3: 13 minutes past the first wave. Seems to have ended around the 6th August. Will
update when next wave arrives.

**Wave 2, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Estimate (and only estimate) of wave 2: August 6th-August 13th
UPDATE 2: latest in this thread: 15th August.
UPDATE 3: latest in this thread: 28th August. (last of this wave)

**Wave 3, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: Estimate (and only estimate) of wave 3: August 26th - Sep 10th
UPDATE 2: NEW WAVE BEGUN
UPADTE 3: latest in this thread 9th september.
UPDATE 4: Last known invited date: 10th September.

**Wave 4, day 2 related:**

UPDATE 1: last known invite date: 30th september.
UPDATE 2: last known invite date: 2nd-3rd October.

This concludes the waves for today. Unless bonus waves are added, this thread will be updated tomorrow throughout the day! Thank you all for your comments and help!
Old December 14, 2011, 11:43 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Finally got a chance to sit and play for a solid block...managed to get my knight off Tython and class changed into a Jedi Sentinel.

So much game, so little time...
Old December 23, 2011, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You Need to buy Game and time card set up to play !!
stuck in limbo land didn"t set up billing fore time cards on credit card. so can't play now. (: (:
Old December 27, 2011, 05:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

during my break from work...I don't even want to know how many hours I've logged in this game.

It pretty much is KOTOR 3 with multiplayer. Oh so good. The story is pretty awesome, and it's well fleshed. I will definitely be going through the other classess to see the story. By all accounts, the Bounty Hunter prologue/Act 1 is longer than the original KOTOR itself, so....

I mean I just finished act 1 for my Jedi Knight and it clocked in around 50+ hours.

If you are ever on the same server, hit me up!

Lens (republic) / Sabetha (imperial) on Warriors of the Shadow (pvp west coast server)
Old December 31, 2011, 08:05 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

This is my first MMO. I can see why you need a catheter in your peepee to play these things. Very addicting.
I can also see why it took 5 years to make. What a massive amount of content. All fully animated and voice acted. And a different story line for 8 classes.
I think the game is exceptional. Very high production quality and fun fun fun.

Level 16 Bounty Hunter Mercenary. I haven't even finished act 1 yet got at least 30 hours into it.