Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2012, 05:02 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
Outter space missions are really good for xp. Just made 2 levfels yesterday from them haha.

Hmm, on a second note, can I ask to transfer my character to another server ? I mean, is that feasible ?
No transfers yet but they will probably come (along with a price.)
Old February 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Hints for managing your money until you're 50:

Don't worry a about leveling your crafting crewskill, just collect stuff that you can sell, watch the GTN and figure out what you'll turn a profit on (some collected stuff is a lot more desirable)

Don't level skills that you know you won't use.

Don't buy any gear unless you absolutely have to, the quest rewards and instance drops are more than good enough to level with.

Don't farm mobs, just do your quests. There are way more quests than you need to hit 50 so you may as well be getting money for your kills.

Space also turns out pretty good money and XP and you don't have to repair or use stims or anything.

Don't buy stims or adreneals or anything really, just use what you find as much as possible.

At 50, I do the space daily, the working illum dailies, and all the belsavis dailies. I've been making good coin and am now starting to work biochem to get schematics.

You can solo all the dailies except the heroic 2+ on illum, and you can solo lights out on belsavis, can solo freeing the fallen depending on class, and can do old enemies with a small group. Few hours and you'll make 200k or more.

Basically credits are easy at 50 so defer whatever expenses you can until then.
Old February 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
Hall Of Fame

What class are you Rommel and what server do you play on ?

I actually haven't played for a few days now, been playing daily and got fed up, maybe I'll play again today. I'm at 26-27 now, and I have a quest that I can't finish, it's about killing the guy that throws you up in the air.
Old February 15, 2012, 03:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

I have a question, if I were to receive a copy of this and I just left it in the box for say 2 months would the 30 days still be good? I assume the 30 days starts when you do the actual installation and the original 30 days doesn't have an expiry day until you do install it.
Old February 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I believe the 30 days are tied to when you activate the game on swtor.com not when you purchase it.
Old February 15, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Getting annoyed. At level 27 still can't defeat Valis.

LE: Kind of bored of this game. Don't think I'll still play it. MMO's are not so appealing to me anymore.

Last edited by omgwtf; February 15, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old February 16, 2012, 05:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Have you been interrupting his energy blasts and doing it with a companion, if not you're doing it wrong.
Old February 16, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hall Of Fame

Yes, I've been doing it with Kira and she has upgraded items. How do I interrupt his energy blasts?
Old February 16, 2012, 08:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You should be using force kick:

Force Kick - Abilities - Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) Database

It is your interrupt, hell you should be using this in pvp too especially against healers.
Old February 22, 2012, 03:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

OK. When you take your servers down and leave a link saying go to our forums, your forums are not permitted to be down AT THE SAME TIME.

But I've played a bit and its not bad for the most part, I've been struggling quite a bit with the missions that require other people for a few reasons. 1) Noone seems to use the player grouping tool. 2) There is a severe lack of healers about. 3) This possibly may just be the server I'm on and in most of the time I like this, but its not overly populated so getting 4 characters for the Hammer Station flashpoint didnt happen. 5) Would really just prefer to be doing this type of game by myself in a good single player environment, no internet, no servers, no relying on other people to not quit durring a flashpoint.

This game is also a huge hog on system resources, and I cant for the life of me figure out why, graphics arent stunning, world is large but so is skyrim.

I dont know but this may be me and an mmo thing but why the hell do you need so many different abilities, how many different ways can you say "swing lightsaber" I have no idea what I'm doing with my leveling and do hope there is a way to reset it at some point.

Inventory and companion management also leaves something to be desired for me.

I am having fun right now though for the most part, the story is good and combat is satisfactory. Am I going to extend my subscription, most likely not at this point.