Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6, 2012, 08:27 AM
F@H

My System Specs

There are a couple ways to make credits, one is crafting things and posting it on the trade network, seeing as its global rather then faction based. Another way would be playing some pvp (you get valor, xp and credits at the end of each game, the amount based on how many medals you got).

Whenever you get your ship, you can start doing space missions to also make some credits.
Old February 6, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Do you think it's worth posting level 9 crafted items on the network ?
Old February 6, 2012, 11:21 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
Do you think it's worth posting level 9 crafted items on the network ?
I'm not a SWTOR player, but I'll give you the general response to this that applies to all MMOs:

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Yes, but only if there's an actual demand for the given item. Crafting "Bob's Wooly Socks" repeatedly isn't going to get you many buyers, but if the item itself is one that is used in later crafting and/or is in high demand (due to being a consumable or something), then you might get lucky.
Old February 6, 2012, 11:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Level 9, no not really. If you get them a bit higher and well get them to their blue/purple version then you can start making some money. The easiest way to make spare change right now is pvp.
Old February 7, 2012, 04:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well level 50 pvp is broken, seeing as people with battlemaster gear can rip through anyone not equally geared in a matter of seconds. I'd be fine with this other then the fact I am tanked speced, which means I should be lasting longer then a non-tank, regardless of how much pvp gear I have (3 pieces by the way, rest are with level 49 mods in them or epic 49/50 gear).

They still have exploits in the pvp battlegrounds, and the fact they haven't addresses the valor exploit either. Not to mention the randomly getting stuck bugs, the audio cut outs, the lack of assassin tanking offhands from crafting. What the hell was bioware doing with all their feedback during the months of beta and now the 2 months of release?

I'm getting very close to quitting the game as a lot of this is garbage and ruins the gaming experience for someone who doesn't exploit or can't put 16 hours a day into a game (it's becoming BF3 all over again to me now). Might not even be able to do Ops because of being on a west coast sever (retarded east coast guild i joined pre-launch because of a friend that only pvps) and no one raids early enough for atlantic coast. Don't want to reroll either...
Old February 7, 2012, 07:29 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Balanced PVP is an oxymoron.

Gearing in PVP has always been a problem in MMOs for years. Unless you have THE best gear available, no amount of skills/tactics/level difference will help you, unless it's OVERWHELMINGLY so in your favor.

It will take a long time before it even becomes CLOSE to a semblance of balanced. It really depends on how long you want to wait until it does.
Old February 7, 2012, 07:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I've never seen it this bad, especially with the fact I'm not wearing completely crappy gear. It's just the amount of bugs and exploits that exist in the battlegrounds that have given these people an unfair advantage (aka getting their valor up fast so they can use battlemaster gear before they'd normally be able to) and being able to win matches through exploits as well. I mean I have some abilities that should work most of the time, now they don't work at all it seems. Due to some unbalanced relics they threw in at 50 because of people moaning about it.

Ultimately the game started off well, but like i said 2 months in, there should not be as many pve and pvp bugs/exploits as there currently are.
Old February 7, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

Level 21ish to 22 right now. Got some skills up, synthweaving at 55/400, dropped slicing for Treasure Hunting 73/400 and Archeology 126/400.

I still like this game so far. Made 10k from space quests but had to pay like 7k for 3 skills.
Old February 8, 2012, 04:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

OH it gets a lot more expensive. Hell at 50 I think i spent several hundred thousand credits on new skill upgrades before the 300k 110% speeder trainer.

We're going to try going Republic, as I have a buddy who plays both sides and was saying the pubs have a lot better players then our tween filled empire
Old February 8, 2012, 05:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

Outter space missions are really good for xp. Just made 2 levfels yesterday from them haha.

Hmm, on a second note, can I ask to transfer my character to another server ? I mean, is that feasible ?

Last edited by omgwtf; February 8, 2012 at 07:08 AM.