Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 31, 2012, 04:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Don't hold your breath, think it's going to be a while still before we get that. Hopefully today's patch fixes quite a few of the bugs out there right now, including some of the pvp, though I didn't see any fix for the void star exploit yet.

Almost 50 on my main, level 47 Assassin Tank, hard to level fast when you get maybe 4 hours a day to play during the week and lose most of sat afternoon to chores such as grocery shopping.
Old January 31, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

Damn, you guys played from the start?
Old January 31, 2012, 06:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, got into early access due to pre-ordering, though we took a week off during christmas when we went home. We're also doing absolutely everything on each planet so we don't have to go back, as in we're doing all the quests, the bonus quests and have all the datacrons/matrix shards up to/including Hoth (minus 2 since we're still not done there).

One way to level up relatively fast though is to just purely play pvp as it gives fairly decent xp and cash. Also will help you go towards valor 60 (though your valor is maxed at your level until you hit 50) as well as get some decent gear at level 20/40/50 and some weapons along the way.

Either way, unless you're power leveling through, expect to take a while to hit 50.
Old January 31, 2012, 06:21 AM
Hall Of Fame

Well, the first 12 levels have been easy so far took 1-2 days from what I can remember, we'll see how it goes, but I'm in no rush at all, just enjoying the game since I love the storyline and the quests, unlike WoW.
Old January 31, 2012, 06:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, the first little bit you can fly through level wise, then it starts to take a bit longer. I do love the fully voiced over quests, and well the custom storyline each class gets, you can essentially play every major class and get a different personalized story. Also it's nice to see in some flashpoints, that a light/dark side decision sometimes effects how the flashpoint plays out (aka forks out then comes together later on).
Old January 31, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well, if I'm getting bored of this I'll go back to Rift. It seems that once you've hit 50 and got the best gear there's not really much to do.
Old January 31, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bad to no SLI support (:

just got a second card today played and it was dismal. 550TI ,
Old February 1, 2012, 04:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Bad to no SLI support (:

just got a second card today played and it was dismal. 550TI ,
Uh there is SLI support, you have to have it enabled in the nVidia control panel/console, as well as play the game in full screen. It does not work properly in windowed or fullscreen (windowed) mode. This is sort of a known issue with running games in windowed mode in general, not just SWTOR
Old February 2, 2012, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Level 15 booyah, not many peeps on PvP. I'm on Kamanduh or some strange name like that.

Can't wait to get this one to 50, because I wanna create a Jedi Consular, or maybe I'll just do that right now Do you now any guilds that are recruiting on that server ?

Last edited by omgwtf; February 2, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old February 6, 2012, 08:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Level 19, played only a couple of hours this weekend. BTW, how do you get credits in this game ? I'm always running low, even if I use all my diamonds to craft items and then sell them to the vendors I get 1-2k max, and then I use that to get my slicing up.