Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 4, 2011, 09:51 AM
MVP

Default Disable dmz, cant play Uncharted. Enable dmz, cant play Tekken

trying to play uncharted 3 online and it says check internet setting for nat type. then i enable dmz on router setting and it let me plays online fine! got the nat type 2 on ps3. enabling dmz makes the ps3 have nat type 2.

trying to play tekken 6 online and when search for rank match always say cannot create session or either lost connection. now tried disabling dmz and works fine! finds oponent fine.

all other games aside from uncharted 3 and tekken 6, i can play online all fine doesnt matter if enabling or disabling dmz, online can still work.

so does anyone have any solution to it? lazy to go to router setting to disable, enable dmz everytime i play uncharted and tekken. is there a solutionn to this? is there a ay to fix it to be able to play all games with online working?

cable broadbrand, wired ethernet

Last edited by hohohee; December 4, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

honestly you don't need to do any of that crap.

i have never port forwarded a router for games.

honestly sounds like you have a retarded router.
Old December 4, 2011, 10:22 AM
MVP

yes it is retarded router. i think it is made in 2001 or something. it has no antena (no idea where it is or either i bought it used that doesnt comes with antena forgot) but i thought it doesnt impact my wired connection as antena is only for wireless. or it does impact wired connection?

is enabling/disabling dmz called port fowarding? heard port fowarding few times.
Old December 4, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohee View Post
yes it is retarded router. i think it is made in 2001 or something. it has no antena (no idea where it is or either i bought it used that doesnt comes with antena forgot) but i thought it doesnt impact my wired connection as antena is only for wireless. or it does impact wired connection?

is enabling/disabling dmz called port fowarding? heard port fowarding few times.
buy a new GOOD router. no dmz is not forwarding. as i said you dont need to forward ports for games. only time you need to forward is if you are running a server.