Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2011, 05:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
I guarantee they weren't testing with 12 or 15 people in ventrillo or TS3. Which I can find no reference on their little test. A test which is retarded in my opinion... where are ALL the other CPUS with different architectures???? Seriously one of the worst test I've had to read. Or a couple of windows open in another monitor checking stats on players. Or Procon running in the background. Bf3 is programmed with 4 core cpu's in mind with one being completely dedicated to audio. I'm not gonna go find this video it was from over a year ago. That said my original post stands..
How is Ventrilo and TS3 related to BF3 tests? That's an entirely different program on its own and has nothing to do with BF3. "Have a couple of windows open in another monitor to check stats"; again, how is that relevant to the game performance? The tests that Bit-tech did were for the game only, which is usually the typical scenario for most gamers. Sure, I'll have my antivirus and Outlook running in the background, but they're usually idle. I can close them for a bit more resources, but again, Bit-tech showed that having a different CPU speed and even 2GB RAM doesn't change anything. Also, most people only have one monitor, so your point is moot.

I think Bit-tech's CPU speed graph comparison proves that speed doesn't matter on the core. The majority of the games resources is run entirely on the GPU. Sure, a different generation or manufacturer of CPU will have different results, but again, if you have the bare minimum CPU for the game, you won't run into issues.

Please show me links to dev team information and I will be more than glad to consider your side of the story.
Old December 9, 2011, 09:37 PM
Rookie

So, I reformatted my computer to no avail. When i use render.perfoverlayervisible 1 in the console commands it shows almost constant spikes from my cpu and gpu, even on the lowest settings. The gpu seems to have the higher spikes. Could my new gpu be defective?

Tags
6870 , 9800gtx , battlefield 3 , e8400