Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   What's your take on BF3. POLL (https://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/48470-whats-your-take-bf3-poll.html)

Bond007 November 17, 2011 06:36 PM

What's your take on BF3. POLL

I will have my copy of BF3 soon and am quite excited. I was on Amazon and saw that it has a pretty substantial amount of negative reviews. So I though what better than to poll all your thoughts and opinions. Vote for what you think.

CMetaphor November 17, 2011 06:43 PM

I voted "good, but not what I hoped". Why? A few reasons...

Origin is annoying, but okay. Not a dealbreaker.
Destruction 2.0 (aka frostbyte 2.0) is.... sad? Less than Bad Company 2? Other than the addition of some debris and faster collapses.... it seems to be far less apparent in this game. This is a serious issue for me... who kept having dreams of more destruction. I wanted to topple (not fall down, topple over) a build onto a tank using C4.... disappointed overall.

Finally. the game feels like a Medal of Honor an NOT a BF game. More subjective though....

Polygon November 18, 2011 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 569848)
I voted "good, but not what I hoped". Why? A few reasons...

Origin is annoying, but okay. Not a dealbreaker.
Destruction 2.0 (aka frostbyte 2.0) is.... sad? Less than Bad Company 2? Other than the addition of some debris and faster collapses.... it seems to be far less apparent in this game. This is a serious issue for me... who kept having dreams of more destruction. I wanted to topple (not fall down, topple over) a build onto a tank using C4.... disappointed overall.

Finally. the game feels like a Medal of Honor an NOT a BF game. More subjective though....

Agree 100%

I've already switched back to BC2.

blaze_125 November 18, 2011 07:12 AM

It's ok... I played Unreal for years, I played BFBC2 for months... I don't know if I'll be able to play BF3 for just as many months or until the next one comes out. It feels like a disposable game to me.

Arinoth November 18, 2011 07:22 AM

I find its rather good game but it does seem to have some problems/issues. One of which seems like there is less destruction of things then in BC2, with another being the hit box recognition. I don't know how many times I've ran behind a solid wall(s) and still died due to the hit box thinking I'm out of cover of server lag.

I did find a way to make the game a lot more fun as well. I've taken to playing Conquest 64 on the Metro map with a twist. This twist is that the server does not allow RPGs, Mortars or M320s, those who use them are reported by other players and banned from the server. It then makes the game more of a back and forth assaulting rather then crap ton of explosions (grenades still allowed). They set the tickets to 1168 which allows you to have a longer game and rack up a lot of ribbons for bonus points. Hell I've been having games where I may only have 20ish kills but getting 5-10k points for your class a game and then near 8k-12k points for your level (total) from ribbons and bonuses.

Here are examples from my two games last night
Battlelog / Sign in
Battlelog / Sign in

Hacksaw907 November 18, 2011 07:46 AM

I like it, besides the flashing grass textures and green flashes in the odd match. Incredibly annoying when it occurs...

Keywork November 18, 2011 07:51 AM

I few nights ago a played some great Squad DM games. I feel like shifting around the game styles I play helps keep it interesting. But yea, in the back of my head I know I miss BC2, but i'm enjoying this game nonetheless.

JJThomp November 18, 2011 08:11 AM

Honestly I never played BC2 on computer so I love BF3, that being said it has some issues that need to be fixed, mostly graphical and a bit of balance.

bradleyg5 November 18, 2011 08:32 AM

I just hate Battlefield conquest, I don't mind it mixed in like every 3 or 4 rush maps, but none stop conquest battlefield is not how I will ever choose to spend my time gaming. Which is a shame because everybody wants to play on 64 player servers and rush doesn't work 64 player. Wish they would have designed the maps for 64 player rush. I'd pay 10 dollars for ONE map if they designed it from the ground up for 64 player rush.

dandelioneater November 18, 2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polygon (Post 569932)
Agree 100%

I've already switched back to BC2.

Likewise. BC2 just feels better to play. I've only played BF3 multiplayer 3 times, it just isn't doing it for me. Haven't even touched coop or singleplayer yet. I find the maps on BF3 to be rather boring.