It's ok 5 7.25%
Good, but not what I hoped 11 15.94%
Hate it! 2 2.90%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 18, 2011, 08:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I guess a lot of people were expecting Bad Company 3, not Battlefield 3, so I can understand why some people may have issues with a few things.

But 64man Conquest is how Battlefield got it's name. It's why people played the BF series to begin with. Bad Company was a console spinoff that made it's way back to the PC, and gave a sort of new feel to the BF series. So there's always going to be that split down the middle of people liking the old Conquest style, and people liking the new Attack/Defend style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I find its rather good game but it does seem to have some problems/issues. One of which seems like there is less destruction of things then in BC2, with another being the hit box recognition.
This is a DICE game. If I fire 5 bullets at someone, and at least 1 registers, that's actually an improvement over typical DICE hitbox recognition.
Old November 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The only other Battlefield I've played was Bad Company 2 upon which BF3 doesn't improve much. But as usual, the best way looking at anything new that comes out - Ignore all the hype, which makes the game feel overrated. The game (apart from a few glitches) isn't bad at all. I do enjoy playing it, but yes there are few things from BC2 that I miss.
Old November 18, 2011, 10:22 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I guess a lot of people were expecting Bad Company 3, not Battlefield 3...
I expected BF3 not BC3. I envisioned BF2 but that it would look like BC2+. Sadly it was not to be.
Old November 18, 2011, 11:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Glitches with all the shrubbery flashing for entire runs. Server drops at the end of a conquest where you lose all your points. Occasionally getting shot in the head while flying a jet at 450 knots even though the jet took no damage. A very difficult first phase on all vehicles until you get the first couple of level ups (not that big of a deal but leads to a lot of people using empty servers to grind out level ups).

Still, I quite like it.

Edit: Oh, and how ridiculous it is to have IR on the mobile AAA. You can shoot dudes at 700 meters just by finding the white pixel and spraying it. And the campaign is ballz, but no one bought this for the campaign.
Old November 18, 2011, 11:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really like it, it's fun and addictive. However, I don't think it'll keep my attention for longer than 6 months. Very few games do. BF2 was one of them though!
Old November 18, 2011, 11:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I enjoy it, and have switched from bc2. I love the graphics, though don't find the lack of destruction takes away from it. I do have a few technical problems with it though, just like every other bf game ive owned. Everytime I launch the game, after not having played for a few hours, it will "stop responding" when I first try to join a game after loading the map. After the retry it will be fine. I also get game crashes about every two hours, and I know its not my system. Origin sucks.
Overall its fun, and I am mvp everytime if I hog the AntiAir lav :)

edit: BF3 is 49.99 from ncix today with free shipping
Old November 18, 2011, 11:57 AM
Top Prospect

I find that maps are pretty unbalanced on rush.. it's so hard for attackers most of the time. I haven't played too much rush, but the section right before you jump off the cliff on damavand (too hard to make it down the hill into the base), and the infamous metro subway (even on 32man)
Old November 18, 2011, 12:18 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasko View Post
I find that maps are pretty unbalanced on rush.. it's so hard for attackers most of the time. I haven't played too much rush, but the section right before you jump off the cliff on damavand (too hard to make it down the hill into the base), and the infamous metro subway (even on 32man)
It's always supposed to be harder for the attackers, that's where teamwork comes in.

In BC2, me and 3 friends on a 4man squad would just steamroll a map due to good coordination. Rush is one of those gamemodes that NEEDS good communication on the attackers side. Having 16 people just run at the defenders and hoping for the best will never work.
Old November 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, though some of the times all it takes is one good assault (or medic) with defib to keep a lot of people up and it can make attacking a hell of a lot easier too. Hell on a conquest map I've been able to help my team push (and me alone) by being able to res damn near everyone who died. When I died I noticed we got pushed back a bit, but when I got back to the front lines we retook what grounds we lost (while killing a few people, but I'm better supporting then always trying to kill and not get killed)
Old November 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Arinoth, dont you hate it when your rezing everyone left and right then you never get rezed....