Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2011, 08:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Anyone play PC version MW3?

Hey gang,

Anyone have the PC version of MW3? How is the campaign and multiplayer? Is there major bugs? Is it more robust and graphics improved over Black OPS? I am stuck at work behind a firewall. So, info I can get is very restricted thanks. Might P/U after work. Need some user feedback

Last edited by ern88; November 8, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old November 8, 2011, 09:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think you'll be getting much information here as most people either love BF3 and have been playing it, or just plain hate the rehashing of CoD4
Old November 8, 2011, 10:04 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm not sure on how it runs, but from a features side MW3 on PC is a gimped version even compaired to the 360/PS3 versions.
Old November 8, 2011, 12:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

AFAIK it's just a rehash (yet again) of a dead game. They haven't put any innovation into it IMO and well the staff that worked on MW1 and MW2 all left/got fired...

Graphic improvements? I doubt it. Pretty sure they've used the same engine since COD4.

Honestly it seems they invested far more in marketing the game, rather than making a good game. Michael Bay trailers, massive launch parties, MW3-branded Jeep, etc.
Old November 8, 2011, 01:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just found out that official ranked "servers" for MW3 are not dedicated. They are with the gay IWNet again... There are dedicated servers for unranked games though (BIG DISAPPOINTMENT).
Old November 9, 2011, 01:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So cheating will be rampant in ranked gaming once again with no way to kick. They should just let people do what ever they want to unlock / rank up in empty ranked dedicated servers. Then some of these people would have no reason to cheat they could just do it. It's disapointing to think that bf3 has figured out how to help parties of friends join dedicated servers when MW2 invented it on steam yet refuse to make both work. Yes bf3 party join is buggy sometimes but it works.

I don't think I'll buy this version. I was very very disapointed with black ops and wasn't even offered any kind of a deal or discount along with my previous registered versions. They just want another 60 dollars. I'm sure the single player is good as usual so maybe I'll try and find a cracked SP to play and they can make up for the JUNK black ops was.
Old November 9, 2011, 01:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Modern Warfare 1.2
Old November 9, 2011, 05:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i don't think i would touch this game even if it was given to me bf3 is where its at
Old November 9, 2011, 06:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Same engine, same graphics, same everything. Good campaign, poor MP. BUT there are LOTS of very nice co-op missions there, while BF3 kinda disappointed me on the co-op side.
Old November 9, 2011, 10:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This explains it: