Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 19, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not to sure what I didn't like, possibly that the movement control is like a throttle and not just using wasd for movement, and its not very fluid. Also the fact that you can't change game settings while in game
Old September 19, 2012, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I agree the controls do feel clunky and are difficult to control, but that is part of what makes the game fun :D.

Also yes the UI is very elementary if you ask me. I don't care for the menu's either. There needs to be some form of tooltip or something.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, just got one shot killed by a Jenner while I was LRM'ing from cover while protecting my base.

Let the cheating begin.

I called "Fishbrains" out on it and he said it was "mad skill".

I'm not going to pay for this game in any shape or form. Online cheating is waaaaay the hell too prevalent.
Old October 28, 2012, 11:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mech Warrior online

Greetings.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Vancouver based Welcome to Piranha Games! will be moving onto open beta tomorrow of MechWarrior Online . Here's your chance to play a fantastic free game and support a local Canadian co at the same time. MWO will be using the Free-to-Play model upon release and adhears closely to the long standing and beloved Battletech ruleset and lore. I've had the good fortune of being selected early on into the closed beta and have been having a blast with the game for the last 4 months and I'm sure you will too.

edit: Gah! So sorry guys I thought I looked through the forum and searched for Mech Warrior Online and didn't see a post already made. my bad. D'oh

Last edited by Alwaysrun; October 28, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old January 24, 2013, 09:22 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So is anyone here playing this? This has been my go-to game for the past few weeks, and it has really grown upon me. Almost done unlocking the full mech trees for the hunchbacks, and soon to move in on cataphracts.
Old January 24, 2013, 09:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I am going to attempt it again, the damn menus are not as intuitive as they could be and the controls need a lot of work. Among other things.

It does not feel as poished as it should comming from a LONG standing Mech Player.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 24, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Do you have to pay to be able to configure or make a mech or gain experience?
Old January 24, 2013, 01:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Do you have to pay to be able to configure or make a mech or gain experience?
Nope, just the typical grind fest.

If you haven't played 25 (I think?) games yet though, you will get cadet bonuses for every game up to your 25th game. I think it's about 200-300k C-Bills per match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I am going to attempt it again, the damn menus are not as intuitive as they could be and the controls need a lot of work. Among other things.

It does not feel as poished as it should comming from a LONG standing Mech Player.

-ST
The menus haven't really changed much, unfortunately, but I don't exactly fiddle with the system settings that frequently, anyways. It is cumbersome to have to exit the match to change your settings/keybinds, but once you have that all set up, it's not all that bad.

There are still definitely some quirks in the physics still (clipping against buildings, teleporting through mechs, etc.), but they did make a major improvement with the netcode recently, which definitely helps with the so-called "lag-shield" that fast lights had previously.

Overall, they still have a lot of work to do to perfect the game's mechanics, but the basic structure currently in place is still enjoyable, imo.

Last edited by SugarJ; January 24, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old January 24, 2013, 05:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw907 View Post
Nope, just the typical grind fest.

If you haven't played 25 (I think?) games yet though, you will get cadet bonuses for every game up to your 25th game. I think it's about 200-300k C-Bills per match.

The menus haven't really changed much, unfortunately, but I don't exactly fiddle with the system settings that frequently, anyways. It is cumbersome to have to exit the match to change your settings/keybinds, but once you have that all set up, it's not all that bad.

There are still definitely some quirks in the physics still (clipping against buildings, teleporting through mechs, etc.), but they did make a major improvement with the netcode recently, which definitely helps with the so-called "lag-shield" that fast lights had previously.

Overall, they still have a lot of work to do to perfect the game's mechanics, but the basic structure currently in place is still enjoyable, imo.
Just tried it again attempting both Joystick and Mouse keyboard control.
The controls are NOTHING like MW's pedigree at all. Its wrong in a way I can't even begin to describe.
And, there is not even a training room to practice controls and such in to perfect that before commiting and looking like an idiot in front of everyone in game.

I had hope (heck I started this thread) that they would get the controls right. I was wrong.

Few games ever graced my un-install list. I think this will be one of them.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 16, 2013, 03:42 PM
MVP

It truly is a terrible game. I'd say more but what more can be said. I think I'd rather play rock'em-sock'em robots over this bunk. Very disappointed as I was looking forward to it for such a long time.