Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Battlefield 3 HWC Community Server details and discussion (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/47597-battlefield-3-hwc-community-server-details-discussion.html)

supaflyx3 October 24, 2011 01:54 AM

Battlefield 3 HWC Community Server details and discussion

Battlefield 3 Server: Battlelog / Sign in
HWC Platoon: Battlelog / Sign in
Vent Information: 68.232.167.202:4301 Password: 1a2b3c

PM LPfan4ever if you want your own account with your own password.

implosion222 October 24, 2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 560685)
Reserved thread.
Until the server details are giving to us in around 7 hours, we will use this thread for server discussion, will edit this thread with details later on.
Battlefield 3 docs reveal server options, filters, 64p maximum on all modes - Neoseeker News Article
Those are the server details and options, I was thinking friendly fire on, minimap on, 3D spotting OFF, minimap spotting on, and solider health at around 65-70% so it's not quite hardcore, but best of both worlds.

What is everyone's thought about this? Also we need to come up with rules and conditions for the server. I will be updating this thread when we receive the server info, which will be around 9AM PST. :clap:

I have the Rcon tools details. Grab me on FB tonight if you can.

Cptn Vortex October 24, 2011 08:24 AM

My Ideal settings I think would be like this below, but Soldier Health and Bullet damage would take some playing to get it tweaked to something fun :

Password - YES
Friendly fire – ON
Killcam – OFF
Minimap – impartial
HUD – Impartial
Crosshair – Off
3D spotting – Off
Minimap spotting - Impartial
Third-person vehicle cameras - Impartial
Nametag – On
Health regen – Off
Vehicle spawning – On
Vehicle spawn delay – Normal
Soldier health – Normal
Player respawn time – Normal
Man down time - Normal
Bullet damage – Normal
Only squad leader spawn – OFF
Round start player count – impartial
Round restart player count – impartial

JD October 24, 2011 08:41 AM

I'd prefer if the crosshair was left enabled. Maybe make respawn times a little bit faster?

Rest isn't a huge deal, and well whenever I've played online, nobody ever spots a damn thing anyways, other than myself, so not a huge deal there either. I find it very useful, but it seems nobody else takes the effort to do so.

And password? Really? I think that's a bad move. Do we honestly have a full 64 players on here that will be online all the time? I'd much rather leave it public, but have the reserved slots for all those that chipped in money. Everyone else can wait in queue if you really must join the HWC server and it's full. At least via BattleLog this is simple to do, and you can go surfing or whatever while you wait. Maybe if we have some kind of HWC game, then stick a password on for those few hours/day, but in general I'd say leave it open.

JMCD October 24, 2011 08:52 AM

Well this means we can get the pseudo hardcore mode that people seemed to agree on.

Password - No, this is public!
Friendly fire – On, but if possible say 50%?
Killcam – Off
Minimap – Yes
HUD – Yes
Crosshair – Either or
3D spotting – Yes
Minimap spotting - Yes
Third-person vehicle cameras - Probably no
Nametag – On
Health regen – Off
Vehicle spawning – On
Vehicle spawn delay – Normal. Really hard to say though without having played. A bit faster than BF2 times....
Soldier health – Normal
Player respawn time – Normal
Man down time - Normal
Bullet damage – Normal
Only squad leader spawn – Yes
Round start player count – 12
Round restart player count – 10

Lpfan4ever October 24, 2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaflyx3 (Post 560685)
Those are the server details and options, I was thinking friendly fire on, minimap on, 3D spotting OFF, minimap spotting on, and solider health at around 65-70% so it's not quite hardcore, but best of both worlds.

That sounds like a pretty fair compromise between the two. If we did it that way, could we get away with not having to switch between HC and normal?

Arinoth October 24, 2011 09:14 AM

It could work, personally the only thing from HC that I really wanted was the few rounds it takes to kill someone in game, beyond that I'm good with whatever else settings people want. If it takes a few extra rounds from HC but not as many as normal I'd be happy with that too.

headsh0t October 24, 2011 09:36 AM

Just got server details and access to Clanforge. Settings will most likely stay all hardcore except minimap for now, we can play with settings once we we've tested out hardcore mode in BF3 since we have no idea how it plays yet. Even normal mode in Beta is most likely different than retail, in regards to damage.

Supergrover October 24, 2011 09:48 AM

Supa can you edit this in to the OP.

New Platoon is up, since nothing from the beta transferred over ( lame ):

Battlelog / Sign in

headsh0t October 24, 2011 10:11 AM

http://screensnapr.com/e/siuZWF.png

Also these are the settings required for the server to show up with Normal / Hardcore filter options, otherwise it will show up under the Custom filter.

http://img.neoseeker.com/v_thumb.php...=17678&image=2