Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2013, 07:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

its possible the campaign feels shorter to me because there was more to do mid missions in wings or maybe because of the way its setup. You picked a planet and did a few missions there that would have otherwise been spread out more in wings with choice between them. Either way many of the mission's were too finicky, its nice to have a few of those to break up the pacing, wings used them well. Didn't like evolution missions. Yes it was nice to try out a few units but it only ever put them in the best case scenario and showed the strengths but not the weaknesses.

I think that this game could benefit quite a bit from a new game plus mode. I dislike only having the full compliment of tools for the final mission or 2. Guess that is what skirmish is for.

the story didn't quite suck me in as much this time either. Kerrigan had glimmers of humanity basically whenever raynor was about but apart from that she really didn't seem to have regained any of her humanity or lost the essence of the queen of blades at all for any of the campaign. Guess its the memory loss and then just jumping right back into the role.
Old March 26, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Do we have any other high level SC2 players here at HWC? I'm looking for some practice partners and even casual team game players.

Diamond 1v1 and Masters team games.
Old March 27, 2013, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I finally bought the game... starting playing the campaign... But as you know I am not what the system thinks I am, I'm expecting to rank plat or gold in HoTS, but with the Easter break coming up, I will practice a fair bit. What is your character name ? With those darn name changes I don't recognize people on my friend list.
Old March 27, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nomad #1458.
Old March 27, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

geokilla.816

Where you ranked doesn't matter atm. I got into Diamond at the end of WOL, and then stopped playing for a few weeks. Got into Diamond in HOTs but I'm playing at like Platinum like level. A lot of people on Team Liquid are saying that ladder is a bit messed right now and people are placed into incorrect leagues. Give it a month and leagues will be more representative of your skill.
Old March 27, 2013, 12:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Added you Geo.

I agree the leagues are a bit wonky. I am playing mostly masters players from wol in my diamond league :(. Getting crushed. I placed into Gold for HotS and climbed back to diamond in 1 day.
Old March 27, 2013, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Perhaps, but I was still surfing on my diamond ranking from the very first season without having any rights to claim such skill level. So we'll see what happens maybe I will continue my trend as of late and play random even if I suck at toss and zerg.
Old March 28, 2013, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Added you Geo.

I agree the leagues are a bit wonky. I am playing mostly masters players from wol in my diamond league :(. Getting crushed. I placed into Gold for HotS and climbed back to diamond in 1 day.
Don't see the friend invite :(
Old March 29, 2013, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Haha I had the pleasure of playing Husky without even knowing I was playing him. derp. It was his 5th placement match and I lost. /hangs head in shame. You can all laugh at me. :P

Ladder Anxiety - Episode 5 - Placement Match 5 - DROP THE BASE - YouTube
Old March 29, 2013, 02:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Haha I had the pleasure of playing Husky without even knowing I was playing him. derp. It was his 5th placement match and I lost. /hangs head in shame. You can all laugh at me. :P

Ladder Anxiety - Episode 5 - Placement Match 5 - DROP THE BASE - YouTube
Cool!