Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just found this if you're keen on playing early: NeoGAF - View Single Post - //: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| We Make Expand Then Defense It
Old March 11, 2013, 06:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourthings View Post
Even though I am absolutely horrible at RTS, I still enjoy SC2 quite a bit. I've had beta access but tend to not bother with it as it's MP only and most of the people playing it are really good. I wind up getting destroyed.

Just another week or so and it's here though!
Yup...I only bought it because the guys at work wanted to play...and well...they totally rape me. It's not at all enjoyable when you lose every game.

As such, only play 2-3 rounds with them per week and then tap out. RTS definitely isn't my genre and never has been. I can usually get by in single player since it's easier and more predictable.

Anyone know if it's already pre-downloaded? I know last week there was a pretty big "patch" and today I see it optimized and downloaded a bit more. (I bought SC2 w/ Heart of the Swarm about a month ago).
Old March 11, 2013, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea I just preloaded it and played the first mission by connecting to the SEA server. New menu looks good. I like how you can see unit stats in the Help menu and even shows what they're weak or strong against. I noticed there's some new beginner training missions too. I'm not sure if any of this was added to WoL in a patch because I haven't played in a while though.
Old March 12, 2013, 02:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Much smoother launch than D3 and Simcity :) That live 21 hour countdown to launch event was pretty sweet too.
Old March 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Yup...I only bought it because the guys at work wanted to play...and well...they totally rape me. It's not at all enjoyable when you lose every game.

As such, only play 2-3 rounds with them per week and then tap out. RTS definitely isn't my genre and never has been. I can usually get by in single player since it's easier and more predictable.

Anyone know if it's already pre-downloaded? I know last week there was a pretty big "patch" and today I see it optimized and downloaded a bit more. (I bought SC2 w/ Heart of the Swarm about a month ago).

Yeah, I prefer to team up with humans (friends) and comp stomp in most of the RTS games I play, just more fun that way even if you increase the number you face and/or their difficulty. Also, a good portion of RTS games the fiancee enjoys playing, allowing us to team up and take on the computers together
Old March 12, 2013, 08:18 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Much smoother launch than D3 and Simcity :) That live 21 hour countdown to launch event was pretty sweet too.
Ahh I was worried about this and was holding off. Now to find a good deal. Anyone fine one?
Old March 13, 2013, 12:56 AM
Top Prospect

May be it's a Korean thing but I feel obliged to check out anything about SC. It's too bad really because I'm can't play SC even if my life depended on it.
Old March 13, 2013, 01:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

Got it. Played it. beat the campaign. Felt a lot shorter than Wings and went gimicky a little too much for my taste. I personally prefer a campaign to provide a story and interesting scenarios for me to build a base up and then launch attacks and defend. This took much too much of the here are 5 units go kill this in the next room or quick you only have 5 minutes to kill that.

I did enjoy it but SupCom will still be the RTS I stick with, StarCraft is just much much to fast for me, doesnt give me the time to plan and strategise I want and admittedly, to a degree anyway, need to a degree. Starcarft you really do need to know a map before you go into it.
Old March 13, 2013, 04:16 PM
MVP

^ I enjoyed it, the campaign length is about just as long as WoL. I go through the campaign on brutal first and it took just as long for both campaigns.

Like WoL, there's a few unit combinations that are just OP. In WoL, if you have medivacs/medics + bio units and siege tanks, you're set.
In HoTS, it was a combination of either brood lords, the hydralisk strain that attacks single units with massive range, or swarm hosts and a bunch of queens with your hero.

There's this ability on Kerrigan where it buffs a small area of units with 200hp and 100% attack speed for 10 seconds or something. That ability was insane, because you can stack air units so you can buff 50 mutas at onces and kill any boss instantly. Just hope they don't have splash damage heheh.
Old March 13, 2013, 05:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Beat the campaign 9 AM to midnight lol, achievement system got shutdown at like noon and never came back ever since so they considered it "not completed" bunch of wankers!