LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2013, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Pff same thing for a Zerg vs Bioball and mines
Micro that. Terran's been microing and splitting since day 1, dodging storms, dodging banelings.
Old October 9, 2013, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just won a tournament for a free pizza called Gosu Pizza for the gold league bracket. Here are VODs of finals b.o.3 (though it was only my second match because it started with RO8 :P) GosuPizza - Week 2 Streaming Live! Ro. 4 Masters - Twitch This guy runs this tournament for all leagues, bronze to masters, once a week and gives the winner of each league a pizza. The caster Nathanias is actually playing in this weeks tournament in the Masters' league bracket. Not sure if the tournament host has held up to give out the pizza as I haven't heard from Week 1 but cool that he is putting it on. Website: Home

Also played in an SCV Rush tournament on Monday and got 2-0'd in the semi finals by a Terran going mech TWICE which I didn't scout at all. Was bad, man. At least the second game was close. VODs: Round of 16 and Semi-final

Having fun playing tourneys this week :D
Old October 9, 2013, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Congratulations! How'd you find the tournament? NA never seems to have a lot of tournaments..

Let's watch the game.. Well that was... Anti-climatic...

Last edited by geokilla; October 9, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old October 9, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL yeah each game lasted about 8 mins. He scouted it coming both times, I don't know why he didnt react. The Round of 16 game I likned or game 2 of the semi finals I linked are a bit more entertaining compared to that. You should coach me and help me get to plat, I've been stuck at the top Gold forever!

As for finding tournaments, I found SCV Rush and Gosu Pizza on Reddit. Another one I played a few weeks ago was found on z33k.com I'd recommend trying out SCV Rush or Gosu Pizza since they have weekly tournaments for all leagues and they both cast some games so we might get to play on stream. SCV Rush seemed a bit more "professionally" casted than Gosu as the guy that hosts Gosu is in bronze and seems to grab a few of his buddies on stream and joke around a lot as you can see. They did have Masters player casting yesterday and a GM player today so they do have people that know thier shit. Gosu Pizza picks 8 players from each league a week but sometimes they are even short. SCV Rush you can just sign up at their website and enter a tournament that way. SCV Rush - Home
Old October 9, 2013, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
LOL yeah each game lasted about 8 mins. He scouted it coming both times, I don't know why he didnt react. The Round of 16 game I likned or game 2 of the semi finals I linked are a bit more entertaining compared to that. You should coach me and help me get to plat, I've been stuck at the top Gold forever!

As for finding tournaments, I found SCV Rush and Gosu Pizza on Reddit. Another one I played a few weeks ago was found on z33k.com I'd recommend trying out SCV Rush or Gosu Pizza since they have weekly tournaments for all leagues and they both cast some games so we might get to play on stream. SCV Rush seemed a bit more "professionally" casted than Gosu as the guy that hosts Gosu is in bronze and seems to grab a few of his buddies on stream and joke around a lot as you can see. They did have Masters player casting yesterday and a GM player today so they do have people that know thier shit. Gosu Pizza picks 8 players from each league a week but sometimes they are even short. SCV Rush you can just sign up at their website and enter a tournament that way. SCV Rush - Home
I'd coach you if I could, if you don't mind a bit of lag. Right now, I can 't even play. Teksavvy is crap
Old October 9, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
You should coach me and help me get to plat, I've been stuck at the top Gold forever!
Day [9] #252. Done. Now you are Diamond given you actually work on your mechanics. :)

I bought coaching from winter aka zlfreebird. twitch.tv/zlfreebird

It helped me get from diamond to master. He was/is 3rd highest ranked random player on NA. Pretty pricey though @ 20 per hour. Even just watching his stream you will learn a ton as he does non stop commentary most of the time.
Old October 11, 2013, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Watched some of that daily but its pretty long I'll have to watch the rest later. A few interesting things of note so far.

Also just got an email from Gosu Pizza for signups for next week; "Week 3 is open to Platinum, Silver, and Diamond players and signups are a go!".
Old October 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

$20/h for coaching is not expensive if you're looking to get coached for masters.
Old October 11, 2013, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
$20/h for coaching is not expensive if you're looking to get coached for masters.
You don't need a coach.. Macro better will easily get you into Diamond. And Day[9]!!!
Old October 11, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
You don't need a coach.. Macro better will easily get you into Diamond. And Day[9]!!!
You don't need but it definitely does/can help. That being said if you are willing to do some research on your own, stay up to speed with the builds/flavors of the month and analyze all of your replays you can definitely do it yourself. I just took the lazy way as I don't keep up to speed with the community and I HATE watching replays. I just want to play play play.

It's funny because TvP went from being my worst matchup to my best matchup after I got the coaching. At the beginning of HotS I didn't know what the **** to do about that damn mothership core and new units. It just messed everything up for me. Damn photon overcharge.....