Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25, 2013, 03:46 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Depending on the schedule I might be able to fill in for the bottom of wood league. Been playing lots of DOTA/LoL lately and I could fire SC again for the hell of it.
Old September 25, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Oooooh. I need some ram or i5 or a z77/z87 MOB.... And I love SC. Win win!
As an add on, I would definetely be interested in playing, prizes or not (as long as my schedule permits). The thing is SCII is one of the reasons I want to get a better CPU (one of the few games that makes me feel I need an upgrade, and not just want...I am a casual gamer). My x3 710 is a limiting factor in SCII (CPU heavy, especially late game in 4v4). Stays playable, but FPS steadily come down as game time goes on in 3v3 and 4v4 in large battles.
Old September 25, 2013, 06:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Site Designer and Forum team said they would have us all up and running by This Sunday once that is done we will get the leagues broken up and setup for the Tournaments.

I will get a few companies on board for the first one and get the games recorded as well.

Stay tuned
Old September 25, 2013, 06:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Am I the only one that plays SC2 hardcore on ladder...? Trying to get back into Diamond but my play and mechanics has been so bad lately it's depressing. On the bright side, WCS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!
Old September 25, 2013, 04:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Am I the only one that plays SC2 hardcore on ladder...? Trying to get back into Diamond but my play and mechanics has been so bad lately it's depressing. On the bright side, WCS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!
I was pretty hardcore ladder at one time. I made it master league 1v1 one season and diamond many other seasons. After not playing for a couple of months it seems as though the whole playfield has improved quite a bit. I actually lost a game to a gold league player last week! I'm out of touch with the latest unit changes and 'flavors of the month'.

I'm all about that hearthstone atm.
Old September 25, 2013, 05:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
I was pretty hardcore ladder at one time. I made it master league 1v1 one season and diamond many other seasons. After not playing for a couple of months it seems as though the whole playfield has improved quite a bit. I actually lost a game to a gold league player last week! I'm out of touch with the latest unit changes and 'flavors of the month'.

I'm all about that hearthstone atm.
They changed the ladder percentages I believe this past season or at least maybe started being a bit more conservative with placement matches since you cannot be demoted mid-season anymore. When ladder started there was a ton of Platinum and Diamond players in Gold that I noticed I was playing (their previous seasons) and by reports of people /r/starcraft. I even played a few Masters. Hope that makes you feel better... I found this , I don't know if they are accurate or not.
Old September 25, 2013, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
I don't know about "hardcore" but I pretty much only play ranked ladder unless I'm playing with someone from a friend-list. I never got diamond myself, but I was always working to be high platinum (although I suck at HotS because I don't know builds and unit compositions to well)... I don't know if I'd ever get diamond as I'm bad at the multi-tasking and micro during large fights.
Old September 25, 2013, 06:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow... reading the replies here. i'll just sit back and skip this, i'll just end up being eliminated in the first game in 5 minutes probably :lol:
Old September 25, 2013, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyllz View Post
Wow... reading the replies here. i'll just sit back and skip this, i'll just end up being eliminated in the first game in 5 minutes probably :lol:
Maybe that is true (even if I doubt it), but those would be some of the greatest 5 minutes of your day!
Old September 25, 2013, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's why I suggested a noobie/bronze league tournament otherwise Pabzor or any other high league players would just win it.... If it's bronze league/noobs, literally anything could happen. Was looking for a good laugh a la bronze league heroes, get some new people into starcraft, seeing as it's free to play, and there would be incentive to play with small prizes and to play some vids with hcf members :) I'm not sure if anyone that doesn't play is going to read the thread though....