Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2011, 05:08 AM
Allstar

Default Rage

Kind of surprised the only other thread was from 2009, thought I'd better not resurrect it.

Who has preordered? I must confess I'm getting very anxious for this game, does anyone have any D2d discount codes left? Not sure I'll be able to wait until it's on sale
Rage | Joystiq
Old October 3, 2011, 06:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't think the D2D discounts are valid anymore. I believe when they got sold those discounts went with them.
Old October 3, 2011, 08:31 AM
MVP

Wow, that looks like Borderlands lol.

I'm an id fan from wayyyy back - not Captain Keen way back, but Wolfenstein and Doom (and Quake 1 and II and III and etc etc etc) way back. I'll probably pick this up.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old October 3, 2011, 12:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

preordered it the other day off D2D for 15% off. Registered the code on steam and preloaded already. Roll on midnight EST!

Old October 3, 2011, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
Wow, that looks like Borderlands lol.

I'm an id fan from wayyyy back - not Captain Keen way back, but Wolfenstein and Doom (and Quake 1 and II and III and etc etc etc) way back. I'll probably pick this up.
RAGE was in development before Borderlands was.. so..
Old October 3, 2011, 06:56 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
preordered it the other day off D2D for 15% off. Registered the code on steam and preloaded already. Roll on midnight EST!
So it WAS able to on Steam. I've been scouring the web for days on it. You're the first person to say it in plain english. thanks.
Old October 4, 2011, 03:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Been playing the game all night. I love it. It has a cool atmosphere about it. I can see a lot of people going to complain its a Borderlands hack, but this has been in production for ages. I see a lot of people complaining on the forums about the game already, barely seen any love. But i like it. They use the megatexture thing they started working on in that quake wars game, so it doesnt work like most games. When you turn quickly it reloads textures. I think its causing a lot of pop in for some people. I am running sli and have gpu transcoding on. I think it helps as i havnt had much problem with it. I have noticed it. Perhaps its a lot worse for some? There seems to be a lot of voice talent in the game. Its got some cool parts to it. Mini games, and a collectable card game and gambling etc.

Old October 5, 2011, 09:13 AM
Allstar

This video is pretty troubling, but at least the bugs will be worked out by the time I get around to buying it. I'm actually quite surprised how similar it looks to Borderlands.
Rage Suffering From a Variety of Launch Day Issues on PC

Last edited by On2wheels; October 5, 2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old October 5, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

ANY game like this is gonna have issues when its released as there is simply NO way in testing for everybodies machine. Now it could be like that game you know that was released not to long ago.. I forget the name now that was supposed to be awesome but failed horribly on launch and now nobody talks about it.

But this is ID we are talking about and I can only see good things come from it in the future.
Old October 5, 2011, 03:26 PM
Allstar

What get's me is how the hell does Carmack's team code a game with supposedly off-the-shelf video card drivers then it doesn't work right for 90% of the people out there, and the first answer is 'sorry folks, there's new drivers coming'!