Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which mode do you want the BF3 server to be?
Hardcore, do you mean there are other types? 21 51.22%
Normal, meat shield ftw 7 17.07%
Hardcore 5 days, Normal 2 days (of the week) 5 12.20%
Hardcore 4 days, Normal 3 days (of the week) 12 29.27%
Hardcore 3 days, Normal 4 days (of the week) 6 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2011, 08:22 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'm going to have to go with option one...There are other game modes besides HC? when it takes more then 1 7.62mm round to the heart region to score a kill it is no fun
Old October 15, 2011, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Paid, I'm so pumped, I need BF3 to come out now.

P.S I chose HC5 Normal 2 because I think more people want HC
Old October 15, 2011, 08:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You could have voted for as many as you wanted, Did you think you could only vote for one?
Old October 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I'd kind of prefer a more 50/50 split between HC and Normal....

I'm not the greatest player by any means, and definitely need further practice before I'd feel up to playing HC 24/7.

Normal in the beta seemed reasonably difficult, but that could just be due to all the glitches it had.

If we ran HC, could we only use it to the alter the damage values of weapons, but keep everything else? I'd be more willing to do that.
You are right about the Beta, it was fairly easy to kill people. However if I recall correctly they are adjusting it so less damage is done per shot.
Old October 15, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i think the beta was pretty close to hc mode anyways.

I read on joystiq that the latest builds are similar to BC2, so normal mode BF3 is going to be just like norm on BC2
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old October 18, 2011, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
I'd kind of prefer a more 50/50 split between HC and Normal....

I'm not the greatest player by any means, and definitely need further practice before I'd feel up to playing HC 24/7.

Normal in the beta seemed reasonably difficult, but that could just be due to all the glitches it had.

If we ran HC, could we only use it to the alter the damage values of weapons, but keep everything else? I'd be more willing to do that.
Agreed. Personally I like hardcore; there's nothing worse than emptying a magazine on someone and not getting a kill. The biggest thing for me would be to keep the radar and 'q-spotting' during HC maps. (asuming it still exists in BF3) I just find that snipers and lame campers have an easier time without spotting enabled. As far as crosshairs are concerened, I don't think they are necessary, because you're going to look down the sights when engaging at target at any sort of range, and when in CCC, you'll just knife 'em anyways. My 2 cents
Old October 18, 2011, 11:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like we have over 50% majority for Hardcore so far, so depending on what the two server owners want to do, more then likely may be full hardcore?
Old October 18, 2011, 12:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Looks like we have over 50% majority for Hardcore so far, so depending on what the two server owners want to do, more then likely may be full hardcore?
Please don't. Do a 5-2 split. IMHO, games like BF (STOCK/VANILLA) and COD (arcade shooters basically) aren't meant to be played "hardcore". It's NOT "realistic". The only difference is the weapon damages and options of HUD... These games weren't really designed for realism (unlike ARMA, OPF, RO, and MODS FOR BF/COD). Just my two dollars.
Old October 18, 2011, 12:29 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Everyone has their opinion of whats more enjoyable. Hud and spotting are nice but not something I overly care about. Just when I am sniping..if I am sniping I like 1 shot kills. Wanting realism or not 50cal bullets should never require 2 to the chest :-P But then again I typically avoid non HC servers
Old October 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Majority says full time hard core - I'm pretty sure that will be what it's set to.