Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which mode do you want the BF3 server to be?
Hardcore, do you mean there are other types? 21 51.22%
Normal, meat shield ftw 7 17.07%
Hardcore 5 days, Normal 2 days (of the week) 5 12.20%
Hardcore 4 days, Normal 3 days (of the week) 12 29.27%
Hardcore 3 days, Normal 4 days (of the week) 6 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2011, 07:02 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I think Headshot, Supa, and the admins/mods on this site should have full admin control. The other full donors should just get the partial.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
I think Headshot, Supa, and the admins/mods on this site should have full admin control. The other full donors should just get the partial.
im up for that, just think there needs to be rules and clear understanding, which are transparent and understandable to all whom donate or sponsor the server, which i think is true to the basis and ethics of this forum and site...IMHO of course....the only reason i am voicing so hard on this is because i have seen these deals go south VERY QUICK, with other servers, players and situations, and would be happy if we (and by we i mean the persons collecting and administering) can do this in the best and transparent way...since it is our monies involved...

p.s. it isnt really me involved in the "we" part..lol
Old October 14, 2011, 07:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_brent View Post
im up for that, just think there needs to be rules and clear understanding, which are transparent and understandable to all whom donate or sponsor the server, which i think is true to the basis and ethics of this forum and site...IMHO of course....the only reason i am voicing so hard on this is because i have seen these deals go south VERY QUICK, with other servers, players and situations, and would be happy if we (and by we i mean the persons collecting and administering) can do this in the best and transparent way...since it is our monies involved...

p.s. it isnt really me involved in the "we" part..lol
Yes, I fully agree. There also needs to be rules against admin abuse (ex: kicking a player and accusing him of hacking, when in reality he's just really good).
Old October 14, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
Admins and mods that are paying is fine by me, this is a member server let us not forget, the idea was formed by HS, Supa, LP and few others not by the staff.
Heh that could come off wrong but dont take it that way.
Now if HWC wanted to sponsor or kick in then that would/should be taken up with HS.

I do propose a min of 2 ppl per timezone with admin rights, IDC who they are as long as it is a paying member. Other than that HS IMO should be the head admin, since well he is paying out of his pocket and this is/was his and a few other's brainchild.
That said as I mentioned in another post, as long as the admining is done maturely and responsible again IDC.
As always:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 14, 2011, 07:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Admins and mods that are paying is fine by me, this is a member server let us not forget, the idea was formed by HS, Supa, LP and few others not by the staff.
Heh that could come off wrong but dont take it that way.
Now if HWC wanted to sponsor or kick in then that would/should be taken up with HS.

I do propose a min of 2 ppl per timezone with admin rights, IDC who they are as long as it is a paying member. Other than that HS IMO should be the head admin, since well he is paying out of his pocket and this is/was his and a few other's brainchild.
That said as I mentioned in another post, as long as the admining is done maturely and responsible again IDC.
Oh, sorry. What I meant is that the "founding fathers" if you will of the server (the ones who originally came up with the idea) should get full admin rights (with HS as the bossman). Then, admins on this site should get full admin rights (perhaps in exchange for opening a new section for this "clan"). Then, the full donors should get the partial. And as always, only a suggestion.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

As i have been chatting with Supa, Ive kinda been the devils advocate...better now then when monies are transferred...basically (some will hate this terminology) but we are getting into owning a business.....this kinda blew up, and we need to get things square before we all get committed...rules and regs, founders, treasurers, etc....are important. and we must treat it that way, i personally am not going to throw money at someone on a monthly basis when 20 other ppl are going to do the same....i absolutely trust the ppl on these forums, but there is a large amount of funds being sent ..... we need control and transparancy on this
Old October 14, 2011, 07:24 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
As i have been chatting with Supa, Ive kinda been the devils advocate...better now then when monies are transferred...basically (some will hate this terminology) but we are getting into owning a business.....this kinda blew up, and we need to get things square before we all get committed...rules and regs, founders, treasurers, etc....are important. and we must treat it that way, i personally am not going to throw money at someone on a monthly basis when 20 other ppl are going to do the same....i absolutely trust the ppl on these forums, but there is a large amount of funds being sent ..... we need control and transparancy on this
As long as I get to be the sniper/pilot
Old October 14, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I believe we should have 1 person per time zone that have access to the server control panel in case the server goes haywire. Other then that we will have to figure out.
Old October 14, 2011, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Way I see it is no you are not forming a business, Headshot is renting a server and allowing members here to rent a slot.
You dont feel comfortable with it fine, no one is holding a gun to your head.
Jesus C we dont need to draft up legislation for this, IT IS JUST A SERVER RENTAL.

Again Just MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 14, 2011, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default I lollled

Edit : supergrover Image

LoL fore minute or two ..

Where do i sign up

may have lots of spare time this winter

Thanks ZZLEE