Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

View Poll Results: Which mode do you want the BF3 server to be?
Hardcore, do you mean there are other types? 21 51.22%
Normal, meat shield ftw 7 17.07%
Hardcore 5 days, Normal 2 days (of the week) 5 12.20%
Hardcore 4 days, Normal 3 days (of the week) 12 29.27%
Hardcore 3 days, Normal 4 days (of the week) 6 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 14, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You can count me in.
Old October 14, 2011, 12:27 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Count me in,just PM me final cost
Old October 14, 2011, 12:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
If we have one more confirm then it will be $10.30/person. If we go any lower than that people won't be able to use EMT lol.
Should we create a scheduale we rotate monthly payments through the list? or perhaps some can pay for 2 months or the full 3 months up front? might save the hassel of chasing ppl around on a monthly basis...i was planning on sending my portion of the 3 months at once...
Old October 14, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

or go for 6 months
Old October 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
or go for 6 months
We have discussed a 6month term repeatably in the irc, most of the consensus seams to be try for 3 months if the support and activity is there then we would look at a 6 month or 12 month subscription.

Personally I think we should see if we can actually populate the server before we go with a 6 month but would be willing to go with what the group wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
If we have one more confirm then it will be $10.30/person. If we go any lower than that people won't be able to use EMT lol.
Being that all the posts seem to be based upon the expectation that it is $10 a month, including Headsh0t's response above (directed at a comment based upon a monthly fee of ~10) I am getting confused. It almost seems as though it is $10.30 / month, x3 months ($30.90 /3months) with 20 people pitching in. Which equals $618 over the 3 month period for something that costs a mere $206 per 3 month period.

But for some clarification and to make me feel as though I am not completely insane, it is a single $10.30 payment from the 20 people, which adds up to the $206 required for 3 months of play.

If I am not completely insane then I don't see how we can rotate month to month payments maverick_brent as it will only be $3.43 a month across 20 people, which is far too low for EMT. As well as the fact that dedicated server rentals (in my experience) ask for the money upfront (Supa / Headsh0t payed the $206 already, and they would be looking for the $10.30 upfront from all the confirmed people.

TL;DR It is a one time payment of $10.30, not $10.30 a month correct?
Old October 14, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Being that all the posts seem to be based upon the expectation that it is $10 a month, including Headsh0t's response above (directed at a comment based upon a monthly fee of ~10) I am getting confused. It almost seems as though it is $10.30 / month, x3 months ($30.90 /3months) with 20 people pitching in. Which equals $618 over the 3 month period for something that costs a mere $206 per 3 month period.

But for some clarification and to make me feel as though I am not completely insane, it is a single $10.30 payment from the 20 people, which adds up to the $206 required for 3 months of play.

If I am not completely insane then I don't see how we can rotate month to month payments maverick_brent as it will only be $3.43 a month across 20 people, which is far too low for EMT. As well as the fact that dedicated server rentals (in my experience) ask for the money upfront (Supa / Headsh0t payed the $206 already, and they would be looking for the $10.30 upfront from all the confirmed people.

TL/DR: It is a one time payment of $10.30, not $10.30 a month correct?
TL;DR

Yes it is a onetime payment of roughly $10, final figure will come when HS pays for the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 14, 2011, 01:29 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I'll be in once I grab a copy of that game, and confirm that my lappy can run the darn thing. Then I'll become THE easy target for all....
Old October 14, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i'm in. pm sent
Old October 14, 2011, 02:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Woah woah woah. It's only $10 a person FOR 3 MONTHS. $10 a person will cover the 3 month server rental. NOT $10 per month. Now with the amount of people wanting to contribute it looks like it may even be under $10, although I know you might not be able to send under $10 through EMT. I might have to cut people out of the deal if that's the case, unless everyone can pay with PayPal. At work right now, will follow up with the thread later tonight. PM with any concerning questions.

For now we are donig a 3month rental to see if we can even populate a 64 man server. After that we can renew the subscription for another 3 months or another 6 months if we want.