Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Well there's your problem right there. The last two games you played were incomplete (BF3 ALPHA) or the very very glitchy Dead Island.
I've had 0 issues on PC after 20 hours of play. I've heard about the issues some are having on PS3 though...

As for losing interest, try playing co-op or with friends if you have any that are into gaming. Playing with someone else is alot more fun than playing alone. Brings a social aspect into gaming. You are right though games don't seem to have the meat they used to. Try playing Deus Ex, it is quite good. As for BF3, the alpha was a bit buggy and it was 1 map and 1 game mode. Depends if you're into FPS or not.
Old September 17, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Well there's your problem right there. The last two games you played were incomplete (BF3 ALPHA) or the very very glitchy Dead Island. If you want to play some quality PC games that'll get you interested again on playing games on your computer would be a few of the following:
The Witcher series - its an RPG game for adults, based on a novel and brought to life by a Polish developer which gives you a different aspect on a mature/adult themes without the influence of NA companies/styles
Mass Effect series - Shooter RPG which is a lot of fun, great story line and rather good combat system. I know this can be played on the console, however having played them on both pc and 360, the pc just plays it a lot better
Dragon Age 1 - RPG game which is a lot of fun, great story line, combat system is pretty good, though inventory system is a little much
. DA2 is quite good as well however some people have complained about its simplicity compared to DA1
Space Marine - Third person shooter which is essentially Gears on over drive 24/7. You can have 4 guns equiped at all times, doing different types of damage, as well as a melee weapon from a combat knife, to a chain sword, to a battle axe to a war hammer. These melee weapons are even more enjoyable when you get the jump pack (jet pack) during parts of the campaign. I know this is for console, but I've found this better on the PC.
Borderlands 1 (and eventually 2). Similiar to Mass Effect that its a shooter rpg, however you can play this solo or with up to 3 other people in a relatively open and very enjoyable environment. It also plays better on the PC then on the consoles.

There are just a list of a few games, that are of different types that have kept me PC gaming for quite a while right now. The ONLY reason I still have my 360 is because of the Gears series, if it wasn't for that I'd of sold it a few years ago when I stopped using it to play games other then Gears and NHL
I really liked DA1, DA2 not so much.
The Mass Effect series, I picked up this summer sale and have to say it rekindled my interest in PC gaming for awhile anyways. I had gotten bored and would only find myself playing a little ra3 every now and then. Good story to me1-2, though 2 goes more towards a action game then rpg but solid games.
Have to agree that BF3 was a alpha, 1 map, 1 mode so yes going to get stale fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I still whole advocate the most for RPGers to put the time and little money into Witcher 1 and then move to the new witcher 2, blows away Dragon Age 1 and ME series