Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
On another site I visit they were saying it was about 8-10 hours on normal difficulty playing by themselves. Now for me it'll probably take 1.5 times as long as it would normally take me as sometimes my fiancee gets lost or I have to point out where ammo for her guns are (she's fine in combat, its getting around after and before she needs a seeing eye dog). We're playing it in arcade mode so I saw that it has the traditional 5 Acts we've come to expect from Gears.
Pretty sweet that you have someone to go through the game with on co-op, that always makes things more fun. Even if she loses her sense of direction in game.

8-10 hours is sorta what I expected. Seems to be the standard these days, although I heard that this one was supposed to be longer. I didn't realize that 'arcade' changed the layout of the acts. I was curious about the difference though. (I'm on Act 2, Chapter 2) I'm playing it through the 'regular' mode, not arcade. I read an interview that stated arcade was a more casual play-through, but wasn't sure how to take that.

Does anyone notice that this game is significantly more hectic than it's predecessors? GoW 1 and 2 also had their share of frantic gunning, but they seemed to be a lot more 'controlled' than this one. Although 3's gameplay is still linear in nature, it feels like you're more all over the place. (Could be what's contributing to Arinoth's wife getting lost.) Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think so as I just replayed the first two games a month back to prepare for this, so they're fresh in my mind.
Old September 21, 2011, 09:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
Pretty sweet that you have someone to go through the game with on co-op, that always makes things more fun. Even if she loses her sense of direction in game.

8-10 hours is sorta what I expected. Seems to be the standard these days, although I heard that this one was supposed to be longer. I didn't realize that 'arcade' changed the layout of the acts. I was curious about the difference though. (I'm on Act 2, Chapter 2) I'm playing it through the 'regular' mode, not arcade. I read an interview that stated arcade was a more casual play-through, but wasn't sure how to take that.

Does anyone notice that this game is significantly more hectic than it's predecessors? GoW 1 and 2 also had their share of frantic gunning, but they seemed to be a lot more 'controlled' than this one. Although 3's gameplay is still linear in nature, it feels like you're more all over the place. (Could be what's contributing to Arinoth's wife getting lost.) Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think so as I just replayed the first two games a month back to prepare for this, so they're fresh in my mind.
Arcade doesn't change the order, it just shows you how many acts there are and which act to select (that you've beaten already).

It's suppose to be a bit more hectic, the GOG is no more, they are on their last legs fighting for their lives, really the whole world has turned to shit and time is running out for the COG. She got lost in the first two games so its nothing new
Old September 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Been loving Gears 3 too!

I havent touched Campaign yet - have been diggin into MP. I missed that intense adrenaline rush that no other games deliver.
Old September 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Anybody else experiencing <30FPS performance? There's been some spots where it's gotten pretty laggy.

I have the "old" 360 though but I installed GoW to the hard drive.
Old September 23, 2011, 08:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Old September 23, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Anybody else experiencing <30FPS performance? There's been some spots where it's gotten pretty laggy.

I have the "old" 360 though but I installed GoW to the hard drive.
Negative. I've beat the campaign now amd never had any issues. Can't speak for multiplayer or coop though.
Old September 24, 2011, 07:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't noticed any spots where it was laggy, though I did have a partial freeze for a few seconds where it seemed the 360 couldn't keep up with the cutscene in the game.
Old September 24, 2011, 04:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I haven't noticed any spots where it was laggy, though I did have a partial freeze for a few seconds where it seemed the 360 couldn't keep up with the cutscene in the game.
Yeah that happens a fair amount for me too.

The one part was at the fort at Anvil Gate with the horde coming in. Got pretty laggy there. It's happened in other spots too but not as bad as that section.
Old September 24, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I won't post any details so I don't spoil anything, but has anyone else beat the game and figured they've left enough unanswered questions about the past to release a prequel sometime in the future? That's where I see the series going at this point.
Old September 24, 2011, 04:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I won't post any details so I don't spoil anything, but has anyone else beat the game and figured they've left enough unanswered questions about the past to release a prequel sometime in the future? That's where I see the series going at this point.
Yes and no, what I've played through so far hints at a lot of stuff that was explained and outlined by the official Gears of Wars novels.