Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2008, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like the 360 but I play more on my PC. And guess what.... my 360 just got the 3 red lights today :(. I have a Wii and a 360 and might get a PS3 if more good game come out for it. MGS4 might make my bro get a PS3. But with all the "next gen" systems that I have I play on the PC the most. One big plus for me is mods for PC which extend the life of almost every game by a lot. One game like RTW and Hale life 2, there are so many mods that give me at least 5 times more game play length.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 19, 2008, 01:10 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm bent towards a PlayStation 3. I'd hate to write another exposition in defense of my preference, but I'll simplify it by saying that I like, and understand, the realistic vision of Sony's to centralize your home entertainment experience in a single box. Right out of the box, it does everything you would with a computer (avec Linux), DVD or Blu-ray player, CD or SACD player, and home MP3 player would do. It should accept pretty much any PC mouse/keyboard and as many external hard drives as you can plug in, while DVR (digital video recorder) functionality will be added soon via patch. And it plays games.

Last edited by Amon; February 19, 2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old February 19, 2008, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
I'm bent towards a PlayStation 3. I'd hate to write another exposition in defense of my preference, but I'll simplify it by saying that I like, and understand, the realistic vision of Sony's to centralize your home entertainment experience in a single box. Right out of the box, it does everything you would with a computer (avec Linux), DVD or Blu-ray player, CD or SACD player, and home MP3 player would do. It should accept pretty much any PC mouse/keyboard and as many external hard drives as you can plug in, while DVR (digital video recorder) functionality will be added soon via patch. And it plays games.
PS3 can run linux :)
Old February 19, 2008, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

Indeed but I don't really have a big ass screen...so this would equal buying an console on my tv ==> throwing money out of the window..2d graphics...
Am I correct?

Last edited by omgwtf; February 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM.