Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 6, 2011, 05:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Space Marine, what a game

So I'm about 75 minutes into the game and I am blown away at how fun and engaging the game is. Only reason I'm stopping is because of the fiancee having a bath (she's quite enjoying watchin me play the game).

The combat system works perfectly, there isn't a million different ways to do combos, its essentially 2 buttons that's it. You have a shield and a health bar, the shield regenerates when not taking damage, however your health bar does not regen. Instead, to get health back you must stun then execute an enemy to regenate this back. The execute uses whatever melee weapon you have equipped in the sequence.

There are four guns you can use/equip (so far), pistol, riffle, pistol sniper rifle, and a remote detonate grenade launcher.

You can also fill up a little bar called Fury Mode, you add to it every time you attack/kill an enemy, getting more for the better combo. Once this is full you can use it allowing you to do more damage with the melee weapon, more precise with the ranged, and every hit brings back health. Helpful for fights against bosses however it doesn't last forever so you must use it wisely.

It's a definite must if you're an FPS (or well third person shooter fan in this case), enjoy the warhammer 40k universe, or just want a game where you can slash, blow up and execute orks.

Review: Life is the emperor's currency: Ars reviews Space Marine

Last edited by Arinoth; September 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old September 6, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

is this a PC game or console game?
Old September 6, 2011, 05:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the review, it's one of those games i'll try before I buy but it sure looks DAMN fun :)
Old September 6, 2011, 05:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Its available on both the console and pc...I have only played the demo on steam. Liked it immensely, only problem is it slows my laptop down cause its graphics aren't the best.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 6, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The demo is a lot of fun but as of right now I have too many games to play. Will pick this up on sale.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old September 6, 2011, 07:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's for both consoles and PC, I think its mainly a port but still has quite good graphics at 1920 x 1080 and the game play is a lot of fun
Old September 6, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
So I'm about 75 minutes into the game and I am blown away at how fun and engaging the game is. Only reason I'm stopping is because of the fiancee having a bath (she's quite enjoying watchin me play the game).

The combat system works perfectly, there isn't a million different ways to do combos, its essentially 2 buttons that's it. You have a shield and a health bar, the shield regenerates when not taking damage, however your health bar does not regen. Instead, to get health back you must stun then execute an enemy to regenate this back. The execute uses whatever melee weapon you have equipped in the sequence.

There are four guns you can use/equip (so far), pistol, riffle, pistol sniper rifle, and a remote detonate grenade launcher.

You can also fill up a little bar called Fury Mode, you add to it every time you attack/kill an enemy, getting more for the better combo. Once this is full you can use it allowing you to do more damage with the melee weapon, more precise with the ranged, and every hit brings back health. Helpful for fights against bosses however it doesn't last forever so you must use it wisely.

It's a definite must if you're an FPS (or well third person shooter fan in this case), enjoy the warhammer 40k universe, or just want a game where you can slash, blow up and execute orks.
I heard that it's somewhat like Gears of war, except better?
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old September 6, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not even like gears of war. Unlike GoW you're not a pansy over muscular wannabe that can't take a shot. You're a walking god in Space Marine.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old September 6, 2011, 10:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah looks pretty badass. Definitely picking it up sometime when I get through my backlog a bit more.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old September 7, 2011, 01:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thank you for helping me find a new game to play while I wait for BF3.

This game looks awesome, I'm going to buy it when I get home.

Legend.