Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2011, 01:31 AM
Allstar

Default Deus Ex HR endings, etc

It's 4:30 am, I've been playing for 3hrs. POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT:

I'm near the end, in the winter map, frozen out somewhere, just found Darrow and convinced him to give me the codes, all the crazy people are attacking me with fists. My mission log says to optionally find two people, but not required to continue. thing is, I don't know if by talking to Darrow the other two people are unavailable as endings? Could that be? there's no gps markers for anyone in this map, you just go around hunting for people avoiding crazy guys.
Old September 3, 2011, 02:12 AM
MVP

Completing the two optional objectives provides additional options at the end.
Old September 3, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

yup if you don't find them you don't get their ending options. They aren't too hard to find for the most part just explore a little.

some spoilers follow.

Have to say, deus ex's ending was better, you actually had to work for the different endings instead of just hitting your ending of choice button. Though the endings themselves were quite satisfying even if one or they used some of the same speech components in each. Think if I had gone through the entire game just killing everyone, which I very much intend to do once my damn pcs fixed, the ending speeches would have been very different, possibly. Anyone get the ghost achievement first time through, the one where you don't kill anyone in the game except the bosses. Need to work on that one personally a little later.

While I got quite good at hacking I over all disliked it still because the mini game is great but it just sucks up far far too many piraxis points and you learn too much from the computers, not sure if my gunner guy is going to be able to afford that, stealth guy didn't really, cost him a lot of the stealth upgrades.

And finally, anyone use the crossbow? I wanted to but it didn't fit in my inventory, and there was only the one I actually found, any only one bunch of arrows.
Old September 3, 2011, 06:30 PM
Allstar

I'm taking another crack it now, and I should get the achiev for no kills, been pretty careful about that, so no, I haven't used the crossbow. But I'd like to go another run thru using a gun on everyone I meet...there's been some cool guns that Iv'e shot towards walls and stuff, pity I can't use them on baddies yet.
Hope to report back later tonight...
Old September 3, 2011, 10:49 PM
Allstar

OK it's done. And by the way, the two guys you can optionally find didn't make any noise when I was around their rooms (on easy difficulty), so they were tricky, you have to explore to find them for sure.
Didn't get the achiev for not killing anyone, that's a bummer, not sure why.

The endings are quite good, I like the story. Bonus if you watch the credits right to the end.
Old September 4, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Not related to your post, but related to deus ex lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...e_an_accident/
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old September 4, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mister Jensen needs a new mirror - YouTube
Old September 4, 2011, 10:37 PM
Allstar

LMAO, nice video.

Possible spoiler:

So, besides the 3 buttons to push at the end, what difference is the game if you make different major decisions as you play?
Old September 5, 2011, 12:19 AM
MVP
F@H

Massive spoilers below. Where is the spoiler tag?

Mirror spoiler: Later you find out it's sitting in the warehouse and it's about to be shipped back to the manufacturer because no one has picked it up.

Ending and decision spoiler: The way you play makes no difference at all as far as I can tell. The only thing that matters is that you find Taggart and Sarif in Panchea. I didn't find Sarif (wasn't really looking too hard at that point) and only had 3/4 endings.

Regarding Malik: After she dies I found her in Tong's garage area. I was surprised they didn't let me do anything about her being chopped up for parts.
Old September 5, 2011, 03:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm curious about something in this screenshot: Steam Community :: EypheQz :: Screenshots
Is this a reference to Deus Ex history? The SWAT team just continues trying to break down the door to no avail, not noticing that it leads nowhere...