Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
I will wait until it's closer to the release date.

I played a bit in the closed beta, and don't want to play the other betas cause I don't want to ruin the experience.
I'm usually the same way but I'm giving this a shot because of the personal story line and how different the races stories are. I plan on playing Sylvari mesmer or theif live but I am going to play Norn guardian or warrior for beta. The story lines should be different enough for me especially since they end at lvl 20 in beta.
Old April 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
No people who pre-purchased the game get a head start... they also incidently get beta.
That's not fair.
Old April 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Myself and a few friends will be playing the beta this upcoming weekend. As a player of the original i've been waiting a long time for this game. Like JJ said, i'll be playing something other than what i'm going to play when the game goes live so there's still some excitement when it's finally released.
Old April 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
That's not fair.
Anyone can pre-purchase the game... How is it not fair? If you want a 3 day headstart go out and buy the game in digital copy 3 days before it is released... Or you could do it right now and participate in the beta weekend starting tomorrow 3pm est.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 View Post
Myself and a few friends will be playing the beta this upcoming weekend. As a player of the original i've been waiting a long time for this game. Like JJ said, i'll be playing something other than what i'm going to play when the game goes live so there's still some excitement when it's finally released.
What server?
Old April 27, 2012, 07:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The day is upon us!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JJThomp; April 27, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old April 27, 2012, 06:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I'm sure as soon as it launches it goes from the greatest most revolutionary mmo evar to another buggy lame wow clone with different fluff and no content :O
Old April 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Another useless POV.

Don't like it don't play it.

Anyone has a beta key?
Old April 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3 game breakers for me so far:

They messed with the interface way too much, and you can't customize it like you could in GW1. Very disorienting and unintuitive.

By trying to simplify the combat system to be more new player friendly, they've made it a lot harder to play with skill. It's easy to button mash and win, but nearly impossible to use all your different utility skills effectively and skillfully. Even when you do, it only presents a minor advantage.

They spent so much time trying to increase replay value that they screwed themselves over. The "unique" stories are basically reskinned versions of a handful of stories, once you figure out a few of the story formulae.
Old April 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well so far I have only PVE'd, probably going to check out PvP tomorrow. Servers are definitely taking a beating with all the people.
Old April 27, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

I think it was fairly obvious that the 'unique' storylines wouldn't be that unique since that are 5 races x 6 classes. I didn't expect them to come up with 30 stories, I figured 1 per class.