Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Wow 3mb/sec download speed, intense shit, not taking long at all. Also if you don't trust that link (which I have heard online works fine) go to this forum page https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ge/1#post23795 or click on "news and announcements" then "getting started" after you click the link they sent your e-mail.

Edi: Wow I must have been going way faster than 3mb/s at one point because I am 8gb in 15 minutes.

Edit 2: Awesome log in music and a lot of video options for a beta. Still on DX9 though. I read in the known issues section that overclocking your CPU and GPU decreases performance, so if you think you should be able to run on higher settings try running stock clocks.

You should probably read the "Known issues" thread here https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ge/1#post23800. Says the game is CPU bound on higher end machines so if you are having lag issues on your current machine changing graphics settings might not help much because it is still spanking your CPU. Would probably make the beta a little crappy for you until they optimize it. Friday right at noon PST I will figure out the CPU, memory (+VRAM) and GPU usage it will take on various settings for those interested. P.S There is no NDA, you can make videos, stream and do whatever you would like.

Last edited by JJThomp; April 24, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old April 25, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Choosing and Transferring Worlds in Guild Wars 2 – ArenaNet Blog

What world is everyone planning on playing in? Anyone care to meet up in the beta this weekend?
Old April 25, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Choosing and Transferring Worlds in Guild Wars 2 ArenaNet Blog

What world is everyone planning on playing in? Anyone care to meet up in the beta this weekend?
Isle of Janthir is going to be a popular spot for competitive (and elitist) PvPers. Yak's Bend and Darkhaven are probably going to be the most populated. (and may get to be a bit of a cesspool) Sea of Sorrows seems to be the oceanic server where all the Asian communities/guilds are headed. (physically in Asia, not an ethnic hangout)

Haven't heard much from my former EU guildies so I have no clue about those worlds.
Old April 25, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
Isle of Janthir is going to be a popular spot for competitive (and elitist) PvPers. Yak's Bend and Darkhaven are probably going to be the most populated. (and may get to be a bit of a cesspool) Sea of Sorrows seems to be the oceanic server where all the Asian communities/guilds are headed. (physically in Asia, not an ethnic hangout)

Haven't heard much from my former EU guildies so I have no clue about those worlds.
Where'd you get that info, to tell you the truth I was looking at either going Isle of Janthir or Sea of Sorrows but if anyone wanted to play together I would go anywhere.
Old April 25, 2012, 02:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Have they set a release date?

Also as long as you pre purchase you get early access, right? Meaning your characters will carry over from early access to full release?
Old April 25, 2012, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman7k View Post
Have they set a release date?

Also as long as you pre purchase you get early access, right? Meaning your characters will carry over from early access to full release?
No for a release date, yes for early access.

However this weekend is a beta event from which you characters will not transfer over to full release.
Old April 25, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

Blacktide (EU) seems like it will be PvP server as well. Not sure yet what server I will join going to check with some of the guys that I used to play with to see where they are going.
Old April 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

So who got in the beta have a head start versus those that will start playing on Day 1 ?
Old April 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtf View Post
So who got in the beta have a head start versus those that will start playing on Day 1 ?
No people who pre-purchased the game get a head start... they also incidently get beta.
Old April 26, 2012, 09:45 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I will wait until it's closer to the release date.

I played a bit in the closed beta, and don't want to play the other betas cause I don't want to ruin the experience.