LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hit 23 today Got another 2 hours to play so I'm hoping to get close to 30
Old September 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm level 80 and end game is tedious. 105 runs of the COF dungeon to get the tokens for a full set of gear. Not sure I like this game.
Old September 12, 2012, 08:39 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yeah, I'm 80 since last week, and now that I'm checking for sets and legendary weapon, I'm totally discouraged. But that's not that bad, as it's only for esthetic purpose, it's not important how long it takes to get something, cause you simply don't need it to be strong.

But maybe that game is a bit too balanced, I'd love that those legendary weapons had stronger bonus or damage, for the effort requiered. I mean, it's like 250 skill points, two lvl 400 professions, 20 gold of plans, and a lot of materials (500 of highest crafting mats and 400 of highest fine crafting materials) and also lots of dungeon runs...

Still fun to play thought, you just need to not focus on getting dungeon gear or legendary.
Old September 12, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I'm level 80 and end game is tedious. 105 runs of the COF dungeon to get the tokens for a full set of gear. Not sure I like this game.
You have to enjoy playing the content not what items you get out of it to like the end game... It is pretty much the complete opposite of D3 in that sense. ENd game for me will be sweet because i could play WvW for the rest of my life.

Edit: Even if you find in other games you only like PvE check out the other things GW2 has to offer between sPvP, mini-games, the different story lines, WvW, and the numerous dungeon paths there is a lot to keep people playing if they expand their horizons.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkilion View Post
Yeah, I'm 80 since last week, and now that I'm checking for sets and legendary weapon, I'm totally discouraged. But that's not that bad, as it's only for esthetic purpose, it's not important how long it takes to get something, cause you simply don't need it to be strong.

But maybe that game is a bit too balanced, I'd love that those legendary weapons had stronger bonus or damage, for the effort requiered. I mean, it's like 250 skill points, two lvl 400 professions, 20 gold of plans, and a lot of materials (500 of highest crafting mats and 400 of highest fine crafting materials) and also lots of dungeon runs...

Still fun to play thought, you just need to not focus on getting dungeon gear or legendary.
I don't mind it. I think it prevents the whole skill over gear that they are trying to do. Otherwise you will get something similar to WoW where stats got asinine and more asinine each content upgrade. And major bounces between x-pacs. Keep it so skill matters and work to get the cool looking skins. Also, a lot of people would complain if you could get these Legendary items easily. I think it makes it impressive if you can craft/acquire one. It means you accomplished something in the game.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVickery View Post
I don't mind it. I think it prevents the whole skill over gear that they are trying to do. Otherwise you will get something similar to WoW where stats got asinine and more asinine each content upgrade. And major bounces between x-pacs. Keep it so skill matters and work to get the cool looking skins. Also, a lot of people would complain if you could get these Legendary items easily. I think it makes it impressive if you can craft/acquire one. It means you accomplished something in the game.
Yeah this is kinda Anets design philosophy... Why should someone who spends money in game have an advantage over other people? No one likes P2Win. But for some reason everyone is fine with someone grinding their face off to have an advantage. Why should time spent in game be worth more in a fight than time spent out of game? At the end of the day in GW2 time is not the currency you need to win it is skill and to me that is the way it should be (coming from someone with little time to play).

It makes a lot of sense when you think about it
Old September 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

That is how GW1 was and I am glad GW2 has kept to that philosophy. PvP (HoH/HA and GvG) was what kept me interested in GW1 for as long as I did (a ridiculous 6000 hours, though a lot of afking).
Old September 13, 2012, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Almost hit 45 today... about 8% away, and man do dungeons ever give good exp.
Old September 14, 2012, 10:14 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well, if you are doing if at the right lvl, the exp is pretty good, like the lvl 40 in story mode is something like 20k, so you can lvl in 3 runs, which should each takes 20-40 minutes depending on the team. But I agree it's still slower than exploring or crafting with a small group friends (2-3).
Old September 14, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

I might delete this game. Stuck at a quest that the recommended level is 14, I can't get past 11 :/