Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkilion View Post
The biggest disappointment so far is the party system that is really broken. I me 30 minutes to enter a dungeon with my guild. Also, infos on the party UI and the Guild interface are not updating :(
Arenanet has said that they experienced a major failure with one of their backend systems, and that this has caused not only the trading post to go down (as I'm sure you've noticed) but also to cause intermittent issues with partying and guilds.
Old August 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Oh ok, I haven't seen that post. I was awar the this was not the intended comportement, but I didn't knew more about it.
Old August 29, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Came across this thread at reddit today, it was a funny read. People being outed on why they were banned. Warning, some offensive language. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...inappropriate/
Man, that is pure gold.
Old August 30, 2012, 04:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The Summon Mistfire Wolf elite is pretty cool and does some decent damage. Other than that there is no in game advantage from one copy of the game to another.
Old August 30, 2012, 08:21 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

What's the verdict on this game guys?
Old August 30, 2012, 10:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
I would say: Great!

Even thought there's still some problems with some systems (Party/Guild and trading, camera), everything else is really awesome. The questing system is not as boring as many I've saw, and you almost always have the choice to just kill monsters or to help in some other way. The event system is also really interesting, and it adds dynamism to the game. I also love doing those jumping puzzles.

The WvWvW is way better than the attempt made in LOTRO for this kind of PvP.

And s there's no recurrent subscription few, it's cheaper than other big MMOs
Old August 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
So far so good:

The Good:

Questing is very dynamic, and you normally have a few different ways of assisting in the Heart Quests, ranging from killing mobs, destroying equipment to even gathering items.

Dynamic Events can be fun, especially with the Centaurs in some of the zones.

Game + 2 xpacs (when they release and estimate 1 xpac/yr or so) is still cheaper than the WoW for a year.

The Bad:

WvW (at least on Norther Shiverpeaks) needs to be worked on some. They should look at increasing the caps bit more.

Lots of bugs still, but they are working on it, and its a MMO on release, they could beta til the cows come home and not see some of the stuff. A lot of the biggest issues is with the trading post.

Hacks and Exploiters. Anet will perma ban you if you knowingly and clearly use an exploit. An example is when it was clear that Level 2 cultural Weapons were going for 1/1000 of their intended price and (costing about 21 Karma PER weapon as opposed to 10-20k) and people just dropping thousands of karma points in it to capitalize on this. Those that did so some what got a 3 day ban if you were not so over the top in exploiting. Also, they have zero tolerance for botting.
Old August 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
Rookie

Eh, I find GW2 to be decent. It doesn't have the lasting appeal of a subscription MMO like wow though (even though I stopped playing that a while ago)
Old August 31, 2012, 03:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

I am curious what WoW has that GW2 doesn't that results in a non lasting appeal?
Old August 31, 2012, 05:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Honestly GW2 is he most replayable game i have ever seen... The game has.more long term appeal than any other game i have ever played (including WoW).