Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2012, 02:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Stress Test incoming

"We will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 9 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed. Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch. By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game! ~RB2"

Came from GW2 facebook.

Have fun ;)
Old August 8, 2012, 03:39 PM
Rookie

I am super pumped for this game to come out. I use to be a WoW player but got tired out the same old thing - Raid get gear, raid some more. I think the thing that kept me playing was the monthly sub. How do you think this game will stack up to WoW? I am not a fan that is no mounts but everything else looks great.
Old August 8, 2012, 04:26 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiFT. View Post
I am super pumped for this game to come out. I use to be a WoW player but got tired out the same old thing - Raid get gear, raid some more. I think the thing that kept me playing was the monthly sub. How do you think this game will stack up to WoW? I am not a fan that is no mounts but everything else looks great.
I never really got into WoW myself. I played it for a month or so, but couldn't really get excited about it. Guild Wars 2 however, I've found a ton of fun already, even with just the limited amounts I've been able to play during weekend betas. All the reviews and other data that has been released seems to point to it being a great game as well. I don't think WoW is going anywhere, but I suspect a lot of players will find GW2 a great home.

As for the lack of mounts in GW2, they aren't really needed. Guild Wars 2 features a "fast travel" where you can instantly travel to any waypoints on your map that you have previously unlocked. This makes long distance travel as easy as opening your map and clicking the nearest waypoint to where you want to go. (And there are plenty of waypoints out there in the world).
Old August 8, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiFT. View Post
As someone who played WoW and got bored by level 25 (I don't grind because the game might get better later, I need to ave my attention kept the whole game) I think what I have seen from GW2 is much much more entertaining. If you are a big time raider you won't get that from WoW and it might be confusing at first because there is no real "endgame" in PvE. In WoW you get to max level as fast as you can so you can start raiding. In GW2 getting to max level is supposed to be enjoyable so because leveling is enjoyable a lot of the content meant for level 80's is the same type of things (dynamic events, dungeons, jump puzzles etc.). So for someone coming from WoW my advice to you would be to not expect things to get better at lvl 80 (unless you want to play WvW in which case being lvl 80 is better) because grinding will not get you better gear than another person. Enjoy the ride to 80 and keep enjoying whatever you did to get to max level once you get there. I got to level 35 in one weekend and I skipped a lot of content that I did not want to spoil for myself later so there is a ton to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chareon View Post
I never really got into WoW myself. I played it for a month or so, but couldn't really get excited about it. Guild Wars 2 however, I've found a ton of fun already, even with just the limited amounts I've been able to play during weekend betas. All the reviews and other data that has been released seems to point to it being a great game as well. I don't think WoW is going anywhere, but I suspect a lot of players will find GW2 a great home.

As for the lack of mounts in GW2, they aren't really needed. Guild Wars 2 features a "fast travel" where you can instantly travel to any waypoints on your map that you have previously unlocked. This makes long distance travel as easy as opening your map and clicking the nearest waypoint to where you want to go. (And there are plenty of waypoints out there in the world).
Yeah mounts aren't really needed although I know a lot of players would like them just for aesthetics. I personally don't care either way but lore wise for the Sylvari it wouldn't really be proper for them to have mounts and same with the Asura so it makes sense that they are left out.
Old August 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Why wouldn't it make sense for Asura, they have Golems. They even ride them.
Old August 9, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Why wouldn't it make sense for Asura, they have Golems. They even ride them.
I guess golems are fine nut mounts would need to be race specific. When i singled out asura and.sylvari because they wouldnt use animals.
Old August 14, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

--
Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

~RB2
Old August 23, 2012, 04:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The day is almost here!

Anyone know what server they are playing on yet?
Old August 23, 2012, 05:18 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ehh I bet this is really what you can't wait for: Massively - Guild Wars 2 - Character Dances (All races and genders)- YouTube ;)
Old August 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I may play on Jade Quarry to rejoin a guild I played with during GW1, although I've been out of that game so long it doesn't matter that much to me.
@Arinoth - I can say you're not kidding as a lot of guilds actually do /dance parties, not to mention when Pink Day comes to GW2: Pink Day in LA - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW)