Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 29, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

08-25-12 for those of us that pre purchased, which is nice as I'll get the weekend to play it.
Old July 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

BWE3 has come and gone and I miss it already, I tried a necro but is wasn't really my style (although stacking bleeds in sPvP was a ton of fun, people would get low and try and run way too late when I get 9 stacks of 12 second bleeds for 113 dps you aren't going to alive unless you pack some condition removal.

Balance seemed pretty good, servers were alright not perfect but they were only down for very short periods of time and they only had 9 or so open (they had capabilities for over 48) so they forced the worlds to fill up. The mobs were a little too easy for me in the starter areas, I personally liked BWE1 when at any point in time you could just be 1 hit but I do realize a lot of players thought that wasn't very fun. No game breaking bugs however there are some inconvenient ones. Over all I would say if this was launch weekend I would be very happy with the results however there are some things they could clean up before launch. I heard on the Anet stream that a lot of the bugs we experienced had already been fixed on their internal test servers so they have a whole month for pretty much pure polish.
Old August 2, 2012, 02:02 AM
Top Prospect

Cant wait for this to come out. I need some people to play with though. Ill be posting my character names as soon as they are official!
Old August 2, 2012, 05:38 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ArenaNet is stress testing the servers today. Not sure what time or how long but if you want to get your GW2 fix you can get a few hours in today.
Old August 2, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 View Post
ArenaNet is stress testing the servers today. Not sure what time or how long but if you want to get your GW2 fix you can get a few hours in today.
3pm-7pm est, 12-4 pst

I dont know if I will play I am really excited for it but I have played a lot and I don't want to spoil it.

P.S what servers are you guys playing on at launch? I know guesting makes playing with other people easy but WvW is excluded.

Edit: Decided I am playing currently mashing the log-in button lol

Last edited by JJThomp; August 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old August 2, 2012, 01:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Not sure what server my friends and I will play on. Before the game is released we should make a thread posting which server people are going to choose.
Old August 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

I haven't decided either which server I will play on.

I haven't played in a beta weekend since the first, have they fixed the partying system so you are always in the same "instance" as your team mates?
Old August 2, 2012, 04:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post

I haven't played in a beta weekend since the first, have they fixed the partying system so you are always in the same "instance" as your team mates?
The last time my friends and i were on together we didn't run into this problem so I'm assuming they did. on a side note, I just couldn't help myself and had to log in and play during the stress test. Can't wait for August 25th
Old August 2, 2012, 04:08 PM
Rookie

I didn't get a chance to play the last weekend much, and i didn't really want to spoil to much for when it gets released:)

But i am very much looking forward to this, me and my usual 4 mmo friends will get many hours of fun out of it i think, and the no sub fee means i can not play for a week and not feel bad about paying monthly fee:)
Old August 2, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post

Yes partying system is fixed. It now gives you the option to join the same overflow server as your team mates or if your overflow server is full it gives you an option to choose a whole new overflow server as a group.