Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2011, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Deus Ex New Vision

With Deus Ex Human Revolution coming out later this month we still time to get through one more quick through of the original. Now seeing as deus ex is rather old, the graphics might seem bit dated. Well here's something to help with that.

Deus Ex : New Vision mod - Mod DB

New vision is a mod that replaces 75% of the games textures with much higher resolution versions. It comes I at 1.5GBs but its well worth it. Its not going to turn the game into crysis by any stretch of the imagination but its still a hood step forwards.

and I have to give credit to ign for pointing this out to me
Old August 9, 2011, 11:01 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I used the HDTP pack and a couple other modifications for the game when it was last installed. Needless to say, my enjoyment was augmented. But this is even more incredible!

And now that you've mentioned Deus Ex, I am compelled to reinstall it.
Old August 10, 2011, 01:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

I've also used hdtp in the past and I was impressed with that, sort of sad that it just stagnated though. This is it on steroids.
Old August 10, 2011, 07:32 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Probably going to reinstall the original and give this a wing this weekend. How have I never heard of hdtp
Old August 10, 2011, 08:48 AM
Hall Of Fame

I read that on IGN too, when someone even mentions DE online, someone, somewhere reinstalls it. I have to admit I've never played a DE game, but was so impresssed with HR that I used a discount code for D2d and preordered it. I understand HR is a prequel, isn't it? So with that, I should be ok for the story I hope. Am I mistaken? Is there anything I should know before getting into HR?
Old August 10, 2011, 09:08 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I read that on IGN too, when someone even mentions DE online, someone, somewhere reinstalls it. I have to admit I've never played a DE game, but was so impresssed with HR that I used a discount code for D2d and preordered it. I understand HR is a prequel, isn't it? So with that, I should be ok for the story I hope. Am I mistaken? Is there anything I should know before getting into HR?
You mean you HAVEN'T played the original BUT you've played HR? Are you CRAZY?!!
Old August 10, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Its a prequel so youll probrably be fine. Technology has reached a point where "humans" are upgradeable, and some people like this while others dont. And you have people who want to rule the world. But honestly you can generally find the original really cheap now and its well worth a playthrough or 2.
Old August 16, 2011, 12:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
DXHR does heavily reference DX from what we've seen so far though. Although I wouldn't say it greatly detracts from the experience with not knowing.

For instance if you've played DXHR, you know they mention references like Bob Page, Page Industries, Senator Mead, UNATCO and Nano Augmentation as the future very early on. Those references would have been more meaningful if you played through DX1 and knew the story.
Old August 16, 2011, 04:34 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well, well, well... and like I need an excuse to run DeusEx another time :)
I also like the "shifter mod" for the original as it gives the weapons some extra punch :)
Old August 16, 2011, 09:02 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I have to admit, the graphic improvements made my jaw drop. Well worth the download!