Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2008, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchutch View Post
Looks great, have played the same way myself. You should have chosen cool under the shading effects, gives it a much more realistic look instead of a shiny, colourful cartoon.
With the way the HDR is set I think "Cold" looks like it has way to much image sharpening on it. Maybe if I could enable FSAA it'd look better?

"Paradise" has the most HDR, everything seems to cast a glow. I think "Improved" and "Default" look the best. But it's hard to tell in these screen shots... With JPG compression and scaling the difference between images 1, 3 & 4 is very minimal, it seems much more in game.

"Default"

"Cold"

"Paradise"

"Improved"

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

farcry is one of my fav games on the pc and fc2 so far is lookin to be insanly good. the whole living enviroment and ppl is gonna be pretty cool. i find with all the newer games they are gettin pretty short. crysis,cod4,moh airborne single players were way to short. i finished cod4 in 1 sitting the day i bought it lol.i think with all the high end graphics and extras things floatin around enviroments, these days to make a game either bit long the game would prolly end up being super huge
Old September 27, 2008, 08:08 PM
MVP

Definitely one of the most fun FPS games EVER! (Aside from the original Call of Duty which still has the best single player campaign in any game.) Trigens ftw! haha.
Try playing in a dark room in the middle of the night while being totally immersed in the game and starting up that last mission....holy shitake mushrooms.

Can't wait for FarCry 2....the most immersive game to date!
My only gripe with FarCry 2 is that those dummies took prone out of the game AHH!
Oh to continue on FarCry...Uwe Boll has ruined yet another video game by making it into a crappy film.

Looks good on high res and full graphics! Definitely going to have to pull this game out again as soon as I get the new rig ordered.
Old September 27, 2008, 10:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

that looks impressive, how old is that game, might have to just go find my copy just to play it with that patch. Hey, I like shiny things
Old September 28, 2008, 10:03 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

The cold setting looks just like crysis.
Old September 30, 2008, 12:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The game is from 2004. It's like $7 at FS these days if they still have a copy around. You can buy it off Steam too I think for $10 or less. It has got to be the longest FPS I have ever played. I think it's 20 levels. And they are not necessarily short or easy. Playing the game on the "Realistic" setting is WAY harder than Crysis on Delta. I finished Crysis on Delta. This game on Med or Hard is about the same difficulty.

By far one of my favourite games of all time if you can't tell. So if you have not played it yet, definitely give it a try. Maybe you'll even finish it before FC2 is released? ;)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 2, 2008, 04:47 PM
MVP

I loved Farcry! It was one of the few games I actually bothered to finish. Was it hard? Oh ya, but it was worth it in so many ways. I read online someplace that if you play Warhead on "mainstream" you are getting the same level of graphics as Farcry - but I say not as nice as the OP has his Farcry looking. NICE!
Zilla